We are all Jim Spence

G-MAN

More and more clubs are doing this with their attendances. They count the paying customers whether they turn up or not. You only need to have eyes to see the attendances are embarrassing across the board. Instead of defending this we should be finding ways of encouraging supporters back to the game.

^^^ Idiot found.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f**k away off Bennett, if you've nothing worth saying eh? It's really boring now.

Did Bennett not claim to live in an Ayrshire village?

Probably Drongan or Coyton or such.

In any case I'd hazard a guess that Dumfries is a deal more cosmopoliton than whatever hovel he grovels about in.

Did Bennett not claim to live in an Ayrshire village?

Probably Drongan or Coyton or such.

In any case I'd hazard a guess that Dumfries is a deal more cosmopoliton than whatever hovel he grovels about in.

He might well come from a small impoverished village, but I neither know nor care if this is the case.

I've no plans to make judgements on his character, based on where he's from. It's not how I roll.

I prefer to rely on his posts for this purpose.

Scotland still has terrific per capita attendances even excluding the Old Firm.

But why exclude them? If you do that then surely exclude other big sides from other countries too when comparing?

Hey, stop bringing logic and evidence into this.

We're talking about Scottish football. It's more important to trot out received pish that is utterly meaningless.

He argued that point as well as that figure is skewed by Celtics attendance which we all know is regularly announced as something way beyond its actual number.

A practice which no doubt goes in in some places abroad, too.

It doesn't actually matter, anyway, as even if you discount both OF (but not the top 2 from other countries i.e. you use a clearly skewed measure) we've STILL got among the highest attendance per capita of any country.

People attack our crowds all the time, but they're very healthy internationally, pretty healthy historically, and the trajectory isn't downward.

"Wur crowds ur goan pure rubbish man". An argument built on myth.

So crowds are down all over Europe! This situation is worse than I thought!

Well, yes, of course they are. Almost every European league is down on the mid-2000s. Recession has seen to that.

We saw this effect in Scotland, although it was not as pronounced as in some places, and didn't effect our standing, namely:

* highest attendances per game (except Iceland)

* highest attendances per matchday (except Cyprus + Iceland)

* highest gross attendances per season

It doesn't actually matter, anyway, as even if you discount both OF (but not the top 2 from other countries i.e. you use a clearly skewed measure) we've STILL got among the highest attendance per capita of any country.

People attack our crowds all the time, but they're very healthy internationally, pretty healthy historically, and the trajectory isn't downward.

Since when?

Myths are seductive for those who struggle with thinking though.

Did Saints really only get 1500 yesterday? I would have thought the fans would still be buzzing with the cup win. Shameful stuff from the tartan rug draped farmer types.

We got our usual average home crowd despite playing the same side for the third time in three months and the second week in a row. We've been dreadful all season. Call us any names you want, but its just sheer ignorance and pure attention seeking to start crowd bashing when every single stat shows teams in this country gets a decent support

Well, yes, of course they are. Almost every European league is down on the mid-2000s. Recession has seen to that.

We saw this effect in Scotland, although it was not as pronounced as in some places, and didn't effect our standing, namely:

* highest attendances per game (except Iceland)

* highest attendances per matchday (except Cyprus + Iceland)

* highest gross attendances per season

What are Iceland doing right that we aren't? Should we abandon the Dutch model and hitch our wagon to the Icelandic model?

Ewan Murray is a complete arsehole. He moaned that our 40k to the cup final was nothing special, you simply can't please him. His outlook on Scottish football is almost entirely negative.

To be fair, it was a good turnout, but not exactly a huge shock given Aberdeen are a big club who hadn't won anything or even been in a final for an absolute age.

Archived