Celtic - Partick Thistle. Wednesday 3rd December.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partick Thistle seem to have had a habit (since being promoted) of gaining surprise victories against teams in form towards the top of the table while dropping points in matches against teams they should be looking to beat.

They beat ICT 3-1 at the beginning of the season when ICT were red hot, also were the first team to put a dent in Hamilton's unprecedented dominating streak I think with a 3-3 draw (which they threw away really).

I'd stil put money on Celtic, but Partick Thistle could surprise.

I'm going on the basis it surely can't be as bad as the last time. Asked for rear on the ticket website and the club has sent me tickets for Row A which was nice of them.

With us playing Killie at the weekend and them having no midweek game I'd be tempted to rotate a bit as Killie is clearly the much more winnable game. Keep the back 5 the same to continue to develop an understanding and maybe bring Doolan, Lawless and Craigen in for Fraser, Higgy (or Elliott) and Stevenson and then revert back to the team from the Hamilton game for Killie.

Stevenson is a must surely for Partick Thistle.

Don't know what his fitness levels are like now (in terms of starting or being a sub) but that experience is vital in a game against a team like Celtic.

Thistle to win 1-0 courtesy of a 35 yard Stevenson strike crashing in off the bar.

Stevenson is a must surely for Partick Thistle.

Don't know what his fitness levels are like now (in terms of starting or being a sub) but that experience is vital in a game against a team like Celtic.

Thistle to win 1-0 courtesy of a 35 yard Stevenson strike crashing in off the bar.

Stevenson has improved massively. It finally looks like he has reached full fitness.

Just in time for Killie on Saturday....

There is a boycott page on Facebook for this match due to the £26 a ticket and restricted view scenario. Honestly can't see many of us turning up for this, though my Sellik supporting mates old man isn't going so he has kindly offered me his season ticket for this match, so I may toddle along......just in case!

There is a boycott page on Facebook for this match due to the £26 a ticket and restricted view scenario. Honestly can't see many of us turning up for this, though my Sellik supporting mates old man isn't going so he has kindly offered me his season ticket for this match, so I may toddle along......just in case!

The guy that made that page is a mental case.

Sadly I'm working. Gutted.

Archived