Cowdenbeath v Heart of Midlothian, Rescheduled for 23/12/2014

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why, because the weather in cowdenbeath was very cold. ? It'srarely been above freezing for 3 days now. Pitch was in playable condition except for one goal mouth. Ref gave it an hour but there was no thaw taking place as temp was 1 degree. Both clubs were keen to play but player safety overrides everything. There will be games going on all over the country on pitches worse than Central Park today but that's senior football these days.

I was down helping out and craig Levein was there and was very supportive of the considerable efforts made. This included three days of work to keep the terracing safe and ice free.

Cue the hearts seethe, yet another support who have not learned humility after disgrace.

Nothing to do with the game getting called off, or your stadium, or the efforts of volunteers and staff who, by the way deserve plaudits for trying to get the game to go ahead. It's just hilarious watching the seethe from your fans.

Nothing to do with the game getting called off, or your stadium, or the efforts of volunteers and staff who, by the way deserve plaudits for trying to get the game to go ahead. It's just hilarious watching the seethe from your fans.

Fair point but i think the seethe is a draw at the mo.

Btw, snippet I picked up at the ground was that Hearts refused this coming Tuesday due to players xmas party tonight. Must be some bender they are going on !

Fair point but i think the seethe is a draw at the mo.

Btw, snippet I picked up at the ground was that Hearts refused this coming Tuesday due to players xmas party tonight. Must be some bender they are going on !

That's probably fair.

Really? That sounds unusual considering the stance Neilson has had so far with regards to extra training and diets etc. Only thing I can think of is that they might not train on Monday, thus leaving only one training session.

That's probably fair.

Really? That sounds unusual considering the stance Neilson has had so far with regards to extra training and diets etc. Only thing I can think of is that they might not train on Monday, thus leaving only one training session.

Neilson strikes me as a bit of a perfectionist so I don't think he would want to lose any preparation time. 23 rd not ideal but hearts want it played as quick as possible and Cowden are happy to accommodate as relationshop is good between the clubs with Neilson and Levein both ex Cowden.

Is this the "dip in form" that all the Sevconian arselickers have been predicting? It was supposed to be 12 points tonight and it will only be 9. Surely this will go down as the moment the "Dark Empire" began its counter-attack, leading to its winning the Championship by 20 points. Miller and Boyd will start scoring for fun and, in a year's time, Sevco will be en route for the SPL title. 2017 will see them winning the Champions League and plans to increase capacity at Ibrox to 100,000 will be announced.

Remember this date, "Sevco Day". Who would believe that a frozen pitch could change the face of world football? :lol:

Is this the "dip in form" that all the Sevconian arselickers have been predicting? It was supposed to be 12 points tonight and it will only be 9. Surely this will go down as the moment the "Dark Empire" began its counter-attack, leading to its winning the Championship by 20 points. Miller and Boyd will start scoring for fun and, in a year's time, Sevco will be en route for the SPL title. 2017 will see them winning the Champions League and plans to increase capacity at Ibrox to 100,000 will be announced.

Remember this date, "Sevco Day". Who would believe that a frozen pitch could change the face of world football? :lol:

Glad to see your break has made you less mental

You have a game scheduled for Scottish cup weekend against Livi. Hearts fans really are spastics.

Hearts were due to play Livingston on April 4th. With Livingston being in the Petrofac Cup final on April 5th, the Livi v Hearts Championship game has been rearranged for the Scottish Cup weekend in February.

Hearts were due to play Livingston on April 4th. With Livingston being in the Petrofac Cup final on April 5th, the Livi v Hearts Championship game has been rearranged for the Scottish Cup weekend in February.

I know that will probably end up being the case but has there actually been an official announcement about this?

There's a free Scottish Cup weekend in March too.

I decided against getting a ticket for this because I suspected it would be called off - thankfully. December 23rd, at night, in Cowdenbeath? You're all right.

Very impressive. We've not had a game called off for well over a year. You called it though- brilliant.

What a bunch of absolute roasters these gorgie cu#ts are. Shut the fook up and do what yer told by people capable of making decisions. Barely a braincell between the lot of you.

i think 23rd is a good idea. Few beers and and a game during the xmas holidays, perfect.

Was driving round the streets around central park delivering and the paths and roads were sheet ice at half 3. Was definitely below zero and has been like that last 3 or 4 days.

That's not been confirmed anywhere.

Glad to see your break has made you less mental

I'd normally tell you to f**k off but I'm still laughing after watching the match yesterday evening. It's downright cruel to take fun from the punishment that Hearts, Hibs, QoS and Alloa have and will continue to inflict on them this year. I just hope the b*****ds don't end up second bottom after admin and beat the Pars in the play-offs. :lol:

What a bunch of absolute roasters these gorgie cu#ts are. Shut the fook up and do what yer told by people capable of making decisions. Barely a braincell between the lot of you.

i think 23rd is a good idea. Few beers and and a game during the xmas holidays, perfect.

Was driving round the streets around central park delivering and the paths and roads were sheet ice at half 3. Was definitely below zero and has been like that last 3 or 4 days.

Works Christmas thingy on the 23rd, so I must disagree mate.

Archived