The worst poster on P&B?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Wind your necks in the pair of you, I paid it, yeah ok I asked (on here, remember where we are) could I be chased for council tax from England if I live in Scotland?

It was the old Poll Tax Rebel in me, that wanted to say f**k 'em.

People didn't pay their poll tax as a protest of the tax itself, a point of principle.  I don't think a buy-to-let landlord wanting to give paying it the slip is really comparable.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

People didn't pay their poll tax as a protest of the tax itself, a point of principle.  I don't think a buy-to-let landlord wanting to give paying it the slip is really comparable.

I can relate. When my flat was empty I resented having to pay the council tax, though only because the previous owner had used up the 6 months "Empty and unfurnished" allowance I should have been due.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Dave Coaches the Dundee fan :lol: forgot about that. Having conversations with himself, minter.

It's Magee who was also The Bhoy Who Invented Weetabix at the time. He tried to be one of the cool cats, that's why he pretended to be a Dee.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Eh?

Not quite sure what you are saying Chris.

I was part of the massive anti-Poll Tax movement that was protesting against the tax itself, got sent down twice because of it. I was at Trafalgar Sq when it all kicked off in 1990. How sad is this but I've got "Poll Tax Rebel" tatted on me to piss off the polis/screws when I got sent down cos they have to note down the tatts.

Aye I accept the council tax is not the poll tax, I've always paid my council tax, I was just asking in here if I could still be done for it up here, simple question the majority verdict was pay it (ya tight c**t, I paraphrase here), so that's what I did, didn't realize I'd have to show the receipt on here. Sorry.

Grimbo

At no point did I go to the press, so why would they want me to go to them now? 

Just because you don't like the way the money was spent doesn't make it illegal. 

Erm because you said that you ensured that "anyone who donated" would have the opportunity to ask for a refund - and then tried to use the lack of claims against you as proof of a P and B agenda. But that wasn't the case at all, because you received donations from the local press, a source that you did not accurately inform about your circumstances. And didn't offer them a refund by providing information in the press either.

So it was a hapless attempt to seize the moral high ground in this forum then, rather than a genuine attempt to allow people to choose whether they'd like their money back.

The fact that you're now circling the wagons about the legality of the situation - which nobody has seriously questioned - proves that you have lost the bigger argument. Morally speaking, you are an absolutely shameless fraud.

3 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Erm because you said that you ensured that "anyone who donated" would have the opportunity to ask for a refund - and then tried to use the lack of claims against you as proof of a P and B agenda against you. But that wasn't the case at all, because you received donations from the local press, a source that you did not accurately inform about your circumstances. And didn't offer them a refund by providing information in the press either.

So it was a hapless attempt to seize the moral high ground in this forum then, rather than a genuine attempt to allow people to choose whether they'd like their money back.

The fact that you're now circling the wagons about the legality of the situation - which nobody has seriously questioned - proves that you have lost the bigger argument. Morally speaking, you are an absolutely shameless fraud.

Will you ever pay back any of your student loans?

8 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Yes. Needless to say that gornless, University of Life chumps like yourself won't get a say in that matter though.

Thanks for playing anyway.

So you have not paid them off yet?

3 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Yes. Needless to say that gornless, University of Life chumps like yourself won't get a say in that matter though.

Thanks for playing anyway.

I think you've made a bit of a chump of yourself, ya gormless tit!

Grimbo

Just now, vikingTON said:

That wasn't your original question, chump. Basic stupidity like that probably explains your unadulterated seethe towards your intellectual betters.

Better luck next time.

No: which is the case for >95% of alumni of my age. Not sure what point you were trying to make - doubt that you know what it is meant to be either - but at least you managed not to make a c**t of yourself in a single post there.

Congratulations on that.

Archived