Mad Max: Fury Road

KnightswoodBear

Absolutely brilliant. The soundtrack was tremendous, it was just noise, but worked amazingly. Utterly brilliant, I want to watch it again.

ETA. The guitar player needs a mention.

post-1545-1432690326949_thumb.jpg

8)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to watch it Saturday. Haven't watched the original in years, is it literally a remake? Thought of rewatching the original tonight but won't if so.

It's not a remake, reboot or sequel. It's pretty much a bonkers Mad Max film in its own right.

Watched the first one this afternoon, heading home now for the second. Gonna find time next week to go see this one again. I still can't get over how fucking amazing this film was. I've just walked out of seeing the Avengers 2 again and the whole time I was thinking "f**k I wish I was watching fury road"

Went to see it today. Great fun, just a pure adrenaline fuelled thrill ride. Ridiculous action aside, "thematically" it was quite interesting - I like the apocalyptic films, showing us how society has broken down . When the Mad Max post-apocalyptic world comes to fruition, I think I'll end it all. Don't fancy that lifestyle tbqhwy. Also, Immortan Joe has one of the greatest bad guy voices since Darth Vader.

Here's a couple of interesting articles:

http://vashivisuals.com/the-editing-of-mad-max-fury-road/

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/a-graphic-tale-the-visual-effects-of-mad-max-fury-road/

Edit: Anyone else get Lawrence Of Arabia vibes with some of the desert scenes? A bizarre comparison but it kept on springing to mind.

Action is not usually my kind of thing but went to see this today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Outstanding action scenes, stunts and effects, brilliant and interesting story, good bad guys and particularly enjoyed watching Theron lay the smackdown. Shouts to the guitarboy also.

Archived