Oh, Salmond

ChiockCharnlery

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man is willing to work with people on certain issues in order to meet the objectives that he was elected in order to pursue (if indeed he is elected, speculation at this moment in time of course). I fail to see how this is any different than any politician, ever (except the really bad ones I suppose).

You are elected in order to attempt to bring about changes that the people who elected you wish to see. It is nonsensical that you have a problem with this.

Well their links to the IRA would be a start.

Honestly I'm uncomfortable with the Scottish nationalist movement aligning/allying with any foreign nationalist movements, even if the parties in question don't have strong ties to terrorist organizations.

But especially in this case, it's going to anger many in Scotland and turn people that could potentially be persuaded to vote for independence at some point in the future completely against it.

Certainly going to damage the party at least, which I wouldn't really care about, except still the best chance for independence, sadly.

Well their links to the IRA would be a start.

Honestly I'm uncomfortable with the Scottish nationalist movement aligning/allying with any foreign nationalist movements, even if the parties in question don't have strong ties to terrorist organizations.

But especially in this case, it's going to anger many in Scotland and turn people that could potentially be persuaded to vote for independence at some point in the future completely against it.

Certainly going to damage the party at least, which I wouldn't really care about, except still the best chance for independence, sadly.

They're not foreign. Problem solved. Why would anyone be angry?

Are you suggesting that he thinks ties to the IRA is a good thing?

Or, alternatively, perhaps you could open your eyes and realise that someone who actively goes out of their way to disagree with every policies of someone who has opinions/agendas that you disagree with then you will soon be left in the difficult position of not being able to having to disagree with everyone, about everything.

I don’t for one second thing that Salmond thinks that ties to the IRA is a good thing, he was asked if he would work with them on certain things, he said he would.

Labour voted for the Iraq war, Salmond is against this I believe and yet is willing to work with them on certain issues.

The same could be said about virtually every party. Lots of things that you fundamentally disagree with, yet why not work with them on subjects that you both agree with?

This is basic.

They're not foreign. Problem solved. Why would anyone be angry?

Of course they're foreign, you muppet.

Haven't all the politicians worked with Sinn Fein in order to get the Good Friday agreement in place. Do you object working with Labour given their history of illegal wars?

I do object to working with Labour, not really due to that at all though. Actually quite pro-war myself.

I'm not saying what he's doing is wrong or that the reasons aren't sound, I'm saying it's potentially very damaging in this country to go around broadcasting it and potentially actually doing it if you have to.

If I lived in Ireland I would join Sinn Fein.

Really? Why?

I don't understand why Scottish people take an interest in foreign political issues like that which don't affect them.

I don't give a f**k about Ireland/Northern Ireland or what happens there, for them to decide.

I do object to working with Labour, not really due to that at all though. Actually quite pro-war myself.

Does pro war mean pro being a victim of war, or pro killing other people?

I'm not sure.

I think being transparent about it is preferable to trying to hush it up if it's something they have to do. That's when it would blow up in their face. It's only an option anyway.

Not if they never had to do so in the first place though.

Ireland isn't a foreign country, you muppet.

Considering foreign is a largely subjective term, I can assure you Ireland is indeed foreign.

Not Scottish = foreign

Archived