Question Time

Elixir

Well we can go round the houses but the point I'm making - and you understand it perfectly well as does Red Rob - is that there are people who were allowed to vote on whether Scotland should leave the UK who are now being denied a vote on whether the UK should leave Europe. If these folk were seen as worthy of inclusion in one, why not include them in the other. The rest of the whataboutery is just that. I'm only highlighting the categories of people allowed to vote in 2014 and those allowed to vote in 2016. Why differentiate?

Who knows why the differentiation. Other than the politicians will use their control over the franchise to get what they perceive to be the correct electorate.

The cynic in me suggests that politicians may seek advantage for their desired outcome.

Some politicians may also believe that people who aren't old enough to operate without state guardians are old enough to vote.

Rob I'm just pointing out the fact that all of the Scottish MP's bar one voted NOT to bomb ISIS but their votes were ignored.

Are you happy that English politicians will always decide the standing of the UK in the world.

In the UN it is only English politicians policy that determines how the UK votes.

In Europe it's only English politicians agenda which decides how the UK votes.

In the UK parliament it's only English MP's votes that carry any weight.

The Scottish votes are meaningless unless they coincide with the majority of English votes.

Are you happy with that?

Rob, I posted this a couple of pages back and this was your reply.

Let's just imagine if the Labour Party had secured the most seats down south in the GE (which was certainly possible)with the SNP waiting in the wings to offer a coalition. IIrc it was a delicious prospect for many on here to cause mayhem at Westminster after being denied a win in the Ref. The roles would be reversed and a real chance to stick it to the English. I don't need to ask if most seperatists would have been happy with that until the chance of a 2nd Ref.

Many English/Welsh/Northern Irish MP's were also against bombing Syria btw, I don't believe their opinions were just simply ignored.

The Euro ref isn't about Scottish Independence, we have already decided on that. It isn't ideological rhetoric Antlion it is fact.

For the time being we work with what we've got and again what we voted for.

None of what you wrote answered any of the points I made.

Rob, I posted this a couple of pages back and this was your reply.

None of what you wrote answered any of the points I made.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous response. This isn't a Scottish/English debate, the Euro ref isn't a Scottish independence issue.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous response. This isn't a Scottish/English debate, the Euro ref isn't a Scottish independence issue.

Rob the title o' this thread is Question Time and I'm asking you questions which you are either unwilling or unable tae answer.

Your response is very poor

Rob I'm just pointing out the fact that all of the Scottish MP's bar one voted NOT to bomb ISIS but their votes were ignored.

Are you happy that English politicians will always decide the standing of the UK in the world.

In the UN it is only English politicians policy that determines how the UK votes.

In Europe it's only English politicians agenda which decides how the UK votes.

In the UK parliament it's only English MP's votes that carry any weight.

The Scottish votes are meaningless unless they coincide with the majority of English votes.

Are you happy with that?

These are the questions I (politely) asked.

and below is your reply.

Let's just imagine if the Labour Party had secured the most seats down south in the GE (which was certainly possible)with the SNP waiting in the wings to offer a coalition. IIrc it was a delicious prospect for many on here to cause mayhem at Westminster after being denied a win in the Ref. The roles would be reversed and a real chance to stick it to the English. I don't need to ask if most seperatists would have been happy with that until the chance of a 2nd Ref.

Many English/Welsh/Northern Irish MP's were also against bombing Syria btw, I don't believe their opinions were just simply ignored.

The Euro ref isn't about Scottish Independence, we have already decided on that. It isn't ideological rhetoric Antlion it is fact.

For the time being we work with what we've got and again what we voted for.

Are you happy that it is only English politicians who decide the UK/Scotlands place in the world?

Willie, you seem like a good sort, but your questions are irrelevant when it comes to a EU In/ Out vote. WE voted to remain within the Union, our decision is UK wide, yep I'm ok with that.

Edited by RedRob72

I am putting this down to a BBC admin error and fully expect to see

Derek Hatton on Football Focus on Saturday looking as confused as Jenas will tonight.

Hopefully jenas steers clear of any ugly woman analogies that got Joey Barton into trouble.

Wonder how many weepy confessions we'll get from McDonnell tonight

It won't matter a jot, we know who is and what he is. His pathetic attempt to hide his long held beliefs behind a fawning dewy eyed smile since his rise to prominence fools no one. A proper nasty piece of work!

I can't really understand why people complain about partisan campaigns not offering enough "facts". Surely it's just to be expected that they will exaggerate the positives of their own arguments, and minimise the negatives? It would be an extremely strange electoral strategy for Remain to openly criticise the more unattractive aspects of European Union membership, or for Leave to highlight the obvious risks posed by Brexit.