Question Time

Elixir

Genuine question.Would the Swastika not win the "most blood soaked flag" Top Trumps ??

30 million in India alone. They don't teach these things in British schools.

See someone mentioned China excellent shout it's possible but that flag relatively young. It's possible who knows it's a throwaway statement the point is a hell of a lot of blood.

see

Edited by Peppino Impastato

Aye the more i think about it the more unsure i am.Joe Stalin might give the hammer and sickle a claim too.

Genghis Khan was a bit naughty too, maybe 40 million. Not sure if he had a special blood soaked fleg though.

You quote with crying laughter, hollow patronisation of something you hate about Scotland.

The law of Animals, destroy what you don't understand.

I'm laughing at you. You are a joke. "Destroy", though. 😂😂😂 My god, you're like a Poundland Ian Paisley!

The Conn Iggulden books are a terrific read!

You have to admire RedRob's courage, strength and indefatigability in defending a rotten union!

But he is right about the Conn Iggulden books they are a terrific read

The SNP really do have to stop Tasmina going on these types of forum.  She is terrible viewing, surely there are better representatives than her and Nicholson.

Tommy Sheppard and my own MP Philippa Whitford are both streets ahead of Tasmina and Nicholson at public speaking.

The SNP really do have to stop Tasmina going on these types of forum.  She is terrible viewing, surely there are better representatives than her and Nicholson.

At least it isn't Pete Wishart.

Tasmina always ties herself up in knots and waffles a load of shite. Always feels like an own goal when the SNP put up diddies like the above.

At least it isn't Pete Wishart.

Tasmina always ties herself up in knots and waffles a load of shite. Always feels like an own goal when the SNP put up diddies like the above.

I'mnnot sure they do, I think you have to be invited, which is probably why the bbc repeatedly invite one of the SNP's weakestspeakers Iinstead of mhairi black. Has sh ever been on Btw? Youngest MPfor aeons , great speaker and lgbt you'dtthink qt would be battering her door down. Perhaps because she's so bloody good I the reason they haven't.

The BBC make a request to the parties who then put up a representative.

I vaguely remember a couple of years ago an episode with a few big hitters, except for the Conservatives who had a no-mark backbencher because the party didn't offer anyone up.

I'mnnot sure they do, I think you have to be invited, which is probably why the bbc repeatedly invite one of the SNP's weakestspeakers Iinstead of mhairi black. Has sh ever been on Btw? Youngest MPfor aeons , great speaker and lgbt you'dtthink qt would be battering her door down. Perhaps because she's so bloody good I the reason they haven't.

They ask the parties for a representative. Sometimes they will specifically request a government or shadow minister/front-bencher. The parties nominate someone and the programme either accepts or rejects them, usually the former.

Source: one of David Dimbleby's aides, who I know from University and who helped me to organise speakers for the Charles Kennedy Memorial Debate about half a year ago.

They ask the parties for a representative. Sometimes they will specifically request a government or shadow minister/front-bencher. The parties nominate someone and the programme either accepts or rejects them, usually the former.

Source: one of David Dimbleby's aides, who I know from University and who helped me to organise speakers for the Charles Kennedy Memorial Debate about half a year ago.

okay I'll take your word for it. I'm surprised the keep putting forward Tasmina then as she's shite.

The Question Time producers often ignore the parties' nominations and invite who they like. Do you honestly think that Tory HQ put forward Jacob Rees-Mogg, a well known Cameron critic? 

The Question Time producers often ignore the parties' nominations and invite who they like. Do you honestly think that Tory HQ put forward Jacob Rees-Mogg, a well known Cameron critic? 

It depends on whether they are looking for a front-bencher or not. Obviously they sometimes invite people not on a party's "preferred" list but it's typically when they've decided not to ask for a front-bencher. In the case of smaller parties they almost always ask for someone who is a spokesman or shadow.

The reason, for example, that Anna Soubry is almost always on Question Time, is because she's one of the willing volunteers that Conservative HQ put forward as a regular.

Edited by Ad Lib

It depends on whether they are looking for a front-bencher or not. Obviously they sometimes invite people not on a party's "preferred" list but it's typically when they've decided not to ask for a front-bencher. In the case of smaller parties they almost always ask for someone who is a spokesman or shadow.

The reason, for example, that Anna Soubry is almost always on Question Time, is because she's one of the willing volunteers that Conservative HQ put forward as a regular.

Anna Soubry is one of the most obnoxious politicians in the Commons. 

The general rule with Question Time is that if it's a party spokesperson, they've been put up by the party.

If they're not a party spokesperson, then they might still have been put up by the party but it's equally likely they've been invited after the BBC turned down the party's choice.

Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh is Trade and Industry spokesperson for the SNP in Westminster, so will have been put up by the party.