Question Time

Elixir

I didn't see this last night. How did Angus Robertston do? And was Shapps as painfully shit as I think he might have been?

Don't know if it was the fact that there were 6 on the panel but it lacked real substance. I know that this isn't unusual for QT but I mean REALLY lacked substance.

Robertson was OK but no better. Shapps was quiet. Morgan was somehow portraying himself as a man of the people. The others were noticeable by being not noticeable.

Piers said something about his brother being in the forces, which he thought somehow made his opinion on Trident more relevant

Without Trident his brother will have no reason to visit Helenburgh leaving it looking like a ghost town

It was funny watching him tell us it was a deterrent and then have to go on the offensive with Labour as Ed has said he won't press the button....

I would like anybody that is putting themselves forward as PM to explain the exact circumstances that they would be willing to press the button. Phrased in a manner that actually gets across the death that they would personally be responsible for. Something along the lines of:

So Dave/Ed - "Both of you have indicated that you would continue to finance the UK's WMDs, the firing of which could cause >1,000,000 people to instantly die and many more millions suffer a life of pain, misery and early death whilst subjecting future generations to the effects of radioactivity. Can you tell us the circumstances where you would be willing to carry out such heinous action that would see you join a list of such notable statesmen as Pol Pot, Théoneste Bagosora, Mohamed Suharto and Saddam Hussien?"

Edited by strichener

It was funny watching him tell us it was a deterrent and then have to go on the offensive with Labour as Ed has said he won't press the button....

I would like anybody that is putting themselves forward as PM to explain the exact circumstances that they would be willing to press the button. Phrased in a manner that actually gets across the death that they would personally be responsible for. Something along the lines of:

So Dave/Ed - "Both of you have indicated that you would continue to finance the UK's WMDs, the firing of which could cause >1,000,000 people to instantly die and many more millions suffer a life of pain, misery and early death whilst subjecting future generations to the effects of radioactivity. Can you tell us the circumstances where you would willing to carry out such henious action that would see you join a list of such notable statesmen as Pol Pot, Théoneste Bagosora, Mohamed Suharto and Saddam Hussien?"

Both Tory parties are quite happy to condemn millions to a truncated life of poor healthcare, early death and poverty simply by spending money on Trident, HS2 and misdirected foreign aid, rather than on the people who employ them to work in their interests. A few more deaths (and foreign ones at that) wouldn't give them a moments pause if the US President have them the order - because they can't, of course, be trusted to make that decision unilaterally.

What was Angus saying to that bint about voting and not presidential system. ..missed that

Basically the Labour dafty said one less vote for Labour is one vote for the Tories.

Angus basically, in his calm and collective way told her to shut the **** up and then gave her a lesson on how the Westminster system works