Question Time

Elixir

No, you're not correct, you're thick.

I don't like Ed Miliband precisely because his ineptitude was such a massive factor in gifting the Tories their first overall majority in 23 years. The poorest and most vulnerable always suffer hardest under the Tories, and Miliband has to take responsibility for letting down our voters and failing to keep the Tories out.

I gave up my time and money to try and get him elected as Prime Minister, so I have every right to complain about his bungling leadership and his eventual electoral disaster.

The poorest and most vulnerable also suffered under New Labour. Cameron is a bawhair away from Blair, and if you think otherwise it's only yourself you're deluding.

The poorest and most vulnerable also suffered under New Labour. Cameron is a bawhair away from Blair, and if you think otherwise it's only yourself you're deluding.

No where near on the same scale. The coalition and then the full Tory government have been horrendous.

No, you're not correct, you're thick.

I don't like Ed Miliband precisely because his ineptitude was such a massive factor in gifting the Tories their first overall majority in 23 years. The poorest and most vulnerable always suffer hardest under the Tories, and Miliband has to take responsibility for letting down our voters and failing to keep the Tories out.

I gave up my time and money to try and get him elected as Prime Minister, so I have every right to complain about his bungling leadership and his eventual electoral disaster.

Don't be too hard on Ed.

He managed to wipe out Labour in Scotland in one day.

That takes some beating.

Guess who back with the same old track next week? Only the golden boy, the star player, the Beeb's star striker and all round princess: Lord Nigel Farage of Portland and Langham.

You're not still peddling that paranoid pish are you?!

I'd have to agree with him. The BBC seem to have this love-in with Farage and consistently let him away unchallenged.

Marr just announced that the bold Nige will be his "very special guest" next week, too. To be fair the Beeb has been fairly quiet with him in recent days, preferring his colleagues instead. Maybe he's been getting some work done ahead of this final push. The BBC will want its star to look hot, hot, hot. They've got a Forsyth to replace as a national treasure.

I'd have to agree with him. The BBC seem to have this love-in with Farage and consistently let him away unchallenged.

It's called "viewing figures".

There used to be much the same pish thrown at the BBC for jumping on any excuse to put Tony Benn and Enoch Powell on the box (ffs they even had Tony Benn AND Enoch Powell on "Wogan" one time when Jonathan Woss was hosting it as El Tel was on holiday & knew the viewing figures were in danger of collapse without some sort of gimmick).

The point was, regardless of what anyone thought of them & their politics, they were naturals when it came to the gogglebox (ironic considering both were scathing of the medium) & could make the most mundane topic both understandable & interesting to viewers.

Moreover, they could do so concisely, which in the limited time frames TV offers is crucial.

With that in mind, for any telly executive the likes of Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Nicola Sturgeon and Alex Salmond get the red carpet treatment whilst walking mogodons like Jeremy Corbyn and everyone in the Liberal Democrats are "only if strictly necessary"

• 3 weeks later...