Question Time

Elixir

Burgon saying Labour is an anti-establishment party, my word.

Whether they are or not under Corbyn is up for debate, but considering their most recent performance in government it is laughable to say that without a hint of irony.

A 'Phoenix Nights' politician who will ensure Labour under Corbyn will remain unelectable.

45 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Jesus f**k. Of course not. But companies wanting to sell cars do not make policy. The entire project being trumped by a couple of car manufacturers wanting to make a few more Marks is fucking nonsense. Which you have been told time and time again.

Is that supposed to be your shite game theory?

Companies spend millions of lobbying to make policy. There are thousands of lobbyists in Brussels?

What is it about Motherwell that produces so many idiots like you. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

22 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

2501bpz.jpg

I am important and I am clever!

Will Self was definitely not on form, but the only person to come out of it well was the Tory woman. Louise Mensch is a lesson for anyone who thinks success on twitter translates to winning arguments in the real world. She looked and sounded insane.

Will Self was definitely not on form, but the only person to come out of it well was the Tory woman. Louise Mensch is a lesson for anyone who thinks success on twitter translates to winning arguments in the real world. She looked and sounded insane.

I'll be honest WB, watching QT makes for a very difficult argument to want to remain amongst this pish! The Brexit position in particular is an utter mess.

The shambles of unionism Rob?

I can't argue that it's pretty depressing at the moment DM, the Brexit vote has changed everything in the shape and direction of the UK. 6 months on and we're still none the wiser (any of us), I'll admit that I never thought it would happen, neither did the UK Parliament or the 3 devolved governments, it's clear!

Is that supposed to be your shite game theory?

Jesus f**k. My 'shite game theory'? You're dismissing game theory? Really?

Tell me exactly how the EU bending over to the UK's demands because German car makers sell cars in the UK will not cause other member states to do the exact same as the UK? Show your workings. Be specific.

It shouldn't be a problem with your Hollywood Upstairs College Degree.

As some Italian responded to Boris after he asked who Italy would sell their Prosecco to if Britain was outside the single market, the other 26 countries. He went on to ask who Britain would sell their fish and chips to in that eventuality, which was probably not the best example, but the point stands.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As some Italian responded to Boris after he asked who Italy would sell their Prosecco to if Britain was outside the single market, the other 26 countries. He went on to ask who Britain would sell their fish and chips to in that eventuality, which was probably not the best example, but the point stands.

It's an absolutely dreadful example and said Italian politician should resign.

Kincardine a typical affronted little britainer when another cocountry tells Britain straight he's all offended.   It's almost cute, didn't notice him calling for Boris to resign yesterday tbf though.  Strange.

Rob the snp and Scottish government and yes campaign did predict brexit,  we and they warned repeatedly this could happen,  and were dismissed as scaremongering. 

She sounds insane on Twitter as well.

The German car argument is bogus - who else would we buy cars from?

Certainly not ourselves as we have little or no British-owned car manufacturers.

If we were outside the EU car sales (or any other product sales for that matter) are not suddenly going to stop. One only has to see the sales of cars (and other products) from out with the EU (Japan, South Korea etc) to see how tenuous that argument is.

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

^got nothing

Not sure what that means but Fyi, I did NOT support the Leave campaign. I thought the Leave campaign was a shambolic campaign ran by a group of charlatans and the Remain campaign was a disingenuous campaign ran by a group of elitist fearmongers.

Therefore, it's fair to say I largely ignored the campaigns as both were lying through their teeth and based my decision on my own understanding of the EU and it's direction of travel and what that would mean for Scotland, The UK and for Europe ........The intelligent choice was Brexit so that's what I voted.

8 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Why on earth does Question Time seem stuffed with morons who'd make Genghis Khan look like a liberal centrist? Oh that's right, because the person directing audience selection loves Britain First as well as UKIP candidates.

CzGhUH0XUAA3JFI.jpg

Edited by renton

7 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Not sure what that means but Fyi, I did NOT support the Leave campaign. I thought the Leave campaign was a shambolic campaign ran by a group of charlatans and the Remain campaign was a disingenuous campaign ran by a group of elitist fearmongers.

Therefore, it's fair to say I largely ignored the campaigns as both were lying through their teeth and based my decision on my own understanding of the EU and it's direction of travel and what that would mean for Scotland, The UK and for Europe ........The intelligent choice was Brexit so that's what I voted.

Ah, there's the issue.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Ah, there's the issue.

Ha ha, not sure what you mean. Am I to base my voting decisions on someone else's understanding ?

Does anyone base their votes on someone elses's understanding and ignore their own instincts?

Maybe that's the key to the SNP gains .....the complete aberration of electoral responsibility by Scottish voters.......I know we have a lot of 4 legged sheep here but I didn't realise their were so many two legged sheep!

Just now, McSpreader said:

Ha ha, not sure what you mean. Am I to base my voting decisions on someone else's understanding ?

Does anyone base their votes on someone elses's understanding and ignore their own instincts?

Maybe that's the key to the SNP gains .....the complete aberration of electoral responsibility by Scottish voters.......I know we have a lot of 4 legged sheep here but I didn't realise their were so many two legged sheep!

Any kind of understanding would be a start.