Question Time

Elixir

I wasn't referring to MP's....I was referring to the people that actually matter.....the electorate !

So the whole UK didn't want it then.
You slipping into the slot left by your weirdo pal HeeHaw?

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

an imperialist nation state guilty of any number of appalling acts across the globe for the last three hundred (years)

Oh dear.  The shortbread tin gonks love their tropes.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Just now, Antlion said:

For a thousand years, apparently, Britain has been a guiding light to the world. That's despite Britain being a war zone composed of different countries for more than half of that time, and an imperialist nation state guilty of any number of appalling acts across the globe for the last three hundred.

The sky must be red, white and blue in BritNat world.

And no other country, kingdom or empire was engaged in those very same activities. Have you looked at the histories of Germany, Prussia, Austro-Hungary, France , Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Persia, Greece, Italy, The Mongols, China, Japan, The Mayans, The Aztecs, The Mandikas of The Gambia. The Khmers.....That has been the human experience across the globe for countless millenia.

Why give us Brits such a hard time just because we were good at all that !

9 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I believe his exact words were that their lives were in danger. Not even the German people knew the atrocities that would be carried out during the war.

Don't be so dim. It's OK to admit you were wrong.

That link I supplied proves without doubt that the German people and the whole of Europe knew what was happening and what was to happen..

This obsession with one up manship  and/or losing face is what destroys sensible debate. 

You got it wrong ....the sun will still rise at dawn the morn!

Just now, McSpreader said:

Don't be so dim. It's OK to admit you were wrong.

That link I supplied proves without doubt that the German people and the whole of Europe knew what was happening and what was to happen..

This obsession with one up manship  and/or losing face is what destroys sensible debate. 

You got it wrong ....the sun will still rise at dawn the morn!

What were your wee UKIP pal's exact words? I don't recall them being "facing persecution".

Just now, Antlion said:

What were your wee UKIP pal's exact words? I don't recall them being "facing persecution".

What do you mean wee UKIP pal ?

Just because you misinterpreted his statement and I pointed it out doesn't mean he's my pal or that I support his views......It's just that you were wrong. Let's leave it there!

Just now, McSpreader said:

What do you mean wee UKIP pal ?

Just because you misinterpreted his statement and I pointed it out doesn't mean he's my pal or that I support his views......It's just that you were wrong. Let's leave it there!

I didn't - you made up a quote and attributed it to him. Because, basically, you're a tiresome troll. I'll await your transcription of what he said, so that we might compare it to your colourful interpretation about "persecution". Owen Smith apparently also heard him speak about Britain knowing their "lives were in danger", because he pulled the guy up about Syrian children's lives also being in danger.

Your hastily googled link, I'm afraid, also does not state that Britain knew that Jewish children's lives were going to be taken in succeeding years. Making up that everyone knew what was going to happen isn't even bad history - it's twisted trolling.

6 minutes ago, HTG said:

Get us to fuck out of this Nicola please. 

My thoughts exactly. I want nothing to do with these horrible, British nationalist extremists. From the purple-faced alcoholic in the audience to the slimy, UKIP depute on the panel. Horrible, xenophobic, British supremacists.

Billy Bragg is the only remotely decent human being on the panel.

Also, I noticed that the vacuous Tory bint on the panel doesn't seem to regard Scotland as part of Britain. Suits me fine.