Question Time

Elixir

Just now, Sooky said:

"I was born in England...unfortunately"

Well, I'm pleased Val has now seen her first ever bit of divisiveness since the referendum campaign began about 5 years ago.

What sort of suppresive cultural environment must that lad exist in to say that

My auld man also lives in that area and voted SNP. Funnily enough my auld man (now 68) used to argue like f**k with me when I was a Teen as he was still a Labour supporting Unionist and I was a wee Nationalist. 2007 he voted SNP as a protest vote then eventually changed his tune totally and voted yes back in 2014!

Funnily enough my dad used to rant about voting labour until 2007then changed his tune quickly

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I'm enjoying how absolutely nae c**t has responded to McSpreaders chronic chat about tonight's QT. Keep up the good work everyone.

A simple explanation for that might be that no one, but no one takes a blind bit of notice of any of his political utterances.

21 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Are you blaming the SNP for your own shortcomings at school?

TBH education is a mixed bag under the SNP.  Probably a A- 

There are more students at uni.  
More are getting 1st class degrees.  
We have the the highest 1st class degrees in science in the world. 
Exam highers are up nearly 40%  
Record number of students go on to FT college.  
ONS suggested Scotland was the most educated country in the world.  

PISA was poorish.   Yet most of the slides came under Labour and we know its a sub-sample.   And nothing more.   

TBH education is a mixed bag under the SNP.  Probably a A- 

There are more students at uni.  

More are getting 1st class degrees.  

We have the the highest 1st class degrees in science in the world. 

Exam highers are up nearly 40%  

Record number of students go on to FT college.  

ONS suggested Scotland was the most educated country in the world.  

PISA was poorish.   Yet most of the slides came under Labour and we know its a sub-sample.   And nothing more.   

How many Graduates (%) get jobs in the subject area/ sector they actually studied for.

HE employability figures never state that. They'll claim that 80-90% of their students are in work within 6 months of completing their studies. They don't tell you how many are working in call centres or part time at Subway!

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

How many Graduates (%) get jobs in the subject area/ sector they actually studied for.

HE employability figures never state that. They'll claim that 80-90% of their students are in work within 6 months of completing their studies. They don't tell you how many are working in call centres or part time at Subway!

I take answers before you are afforded questions.   This isn't loony yoons where you serve the ball and we attempt to return.  

RedRob72, how would you assess the SG's performance on education - in all sectors, and collectively.   

I take answers before you are afforded questions.   This isn't loony yoons where you serve the ball and we attempt to return.  

RedRob72, how would you assess the SG's performance on education - in all sectors, and collectively.   

No, you sited the number of Students pursuing a Higher Education as a success, I'm questioning how you measure that. Surely that's fair, given the investment we pour into it?

3 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

No, you sited the number of Students pursuing a Higher Education as a success, I'm questioning how you measure that. Surely that's fair, given the investment we pour into it?

You've answered a question with a question again.   This was the rules in indyref1.   Times have changed.   You answer the question, then you ask one.   

We are promoting parity in 2017, not the 2014 fudge.