Question Time

Elixir

10 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Never watched but im assuming kez put out her great Fedarlism plan?

Not a whisper. That wee bit of pretend flummery is purely for our benefit. She stuck entirely to agreeing that another referendum shouldn't happen because no one wants it. She kindly explained that we're just a wee bit angry about Brexit and the Tories, but not enough to want out of our box.

8 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Kezia doing well here. Not been asked anything too difficult tho. Tasmina not great but not terrible, just a bit meh.

What was her thing about Hammond saying "the last Labour government" and "meaning that there wouldn't be another one" about? Was it actually one of his speech gags, or was she being an idiot?

I watched it with the good lady as usual and we took a bet how long it would take Kezia to attack the SNP in a non SNP question ; I lost it because I thought she might hold back for the inevitable IndyRef2 question, but it happened almost instantly in a question on "keeping manifesto promises" . No one also pointed out that the rush for Grammars in England was not in the Conservative manifesto of 2015-maybe that is why the Tory rambled on about choice and free schools. At least Fraser Nelson opposed this policy so he is not always a Tory mouthpiece. I also wondered about Kezia claiming she represented 450,000 voters in Edinburgh-amazing what a list MSP has to do. I was puzzled by the man with a Scottish accent, who said he had a fellow pupil in his Higher class who had started out in Remedial , and that was an argument in favour of Grammars!  Tasmina does tend to prattle on but Dimbleby should be retired asap.

'Take the politics out of the NHS' followed by loud clapping.

'What do you mean by that Sir, can you explain?'

'Take the politics out'

This audience is awful.

Think the boy made a valid point. The NHS is a political football used to point score, proposals are designed to appeal to the masses and signal unwavering devotion to it regardless of whether they help it in the long run.

To signal anything other that unquestioning commitment to it in its present form is to commit political suicide.

The prohibition of any original thought or creative ideas to address the multiple problems of the NHS will be the death of it and we will look back and rue the fact we didn't allow ourselves to explore all options because politicians were terrified of the moral outrage that would follow if they even dared question some of the commonly accepted truths around it.

I watched it with the good lady as usual and we took a bet how long it would take Kezia to attack the SNP in a non SNP question ; I lost it because I thought she might hold back for the inevitable IndyRef2 question, but it happened almost instantly in a question on "keeping manifesto promises" . No one also pointed out that the rush for Grammars in England was not in the Conservative manifesto of 2015-maybe that is why the Tory rambled on about choice and free schools. At least Fraser Nelson opposed this policy so he is not always a Tory mouthpiece. I also wondered about Kezia claiming she represented 450,000 voters in Edinburgh-amazing what a list MSP has to do. I was puzzled by the man with a Scottish accent, who said he had a fellow pupil in his Higher class who had started out in Remedial , and that was an argument in favour of Grammars!  Tasmina does tend to prattle on but Dimbleby should be retired asap.

If you don't want criticised for breaking a manifesto pledge then don't break one and don't sit and throw stones at others that do. Obviously she was going to mention it FFS.

42 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

If you don't want criticised for breaking a manifesto pledge then don't break one and don't sit and throw stones at others that do. Obviously she was going to mention it FFS.

They didn't break one, though. Kez is simply a liar. 

4 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What pledge was broken? No chance of doing it from 2007 as a minority government with Labour Opposition. From the manifesto in 2011 a decision to review and consult, and then decide. That was done but I agree the SNP chose to avoid replacing it because it was politically sensitive. ( and would impact on grant from Westminster on Housing benefits I'm think) My point was Kez always has to criticize the SNP regardless of the question asked. If Airdrie lose at Cliftonhill today she would blame the SNP. I will blame the manager! If we win I will praise him

Shame we couldn't have had an SNP heavyweight in the Salmond or Robertson mould on tonight,  but hopefully Joanna Cherry will give a good account of herself.

David Dimbleby chairs topical debate from Bognor Regis. The panellists are Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg, Labour MP Angela Eagle, the SNP's home affairs and justice spokesperson Joanna Cherry, the chairman of the Wetherspoon pub chain Tim Martin and the Times columnist, Matthew Parris.

Edited by ICTJohnboy