Question Time

Elixir

I don't think the BBC looks at the way people voted locally on stuff like Brexit. I suspect that they try to ensure that the audience is almost a 50/50 split every week because they need match to the national outcome.  They may get it wrong by a few percent either way but it explains why there were so many WATP types in the Motherwell audience. 

I don't think the BBC looks at the way people voted locally on stuff like Brexit. I suspect that they try to ensure that the audience is almost a 50/50 split every week because they need match to the national outcome.  They may get it wrong by a few percent either way but it explains why there were so many WATP types in the Motherwell audience. 

The outcome in Motherwell is anytime someone runs for a WATP type party they get utterly rejected.

26 minutes ago, HTG said:

I think if your gonna do that, there is no point touring it around the country. Just have it in one studio and bus your audience in. Surely the point of touring the nation is to provide viewers not just with the Q & A element, but also to appreciate how other parts of the country view the issues of the day.

29 minutes ago, HTG said:

No it doesn't. Because everybody in that audience was a WATP type. I guarantee Billy wasn't the only face in that audience that was there more than once.

29 minutes ago, renton said:

I think if your gonna do that, there is no point touring it around the country. Just have it in one studio and bus your audience in. Surely the point of touring the nation is to provide viewers not just with the Q & A element, but also to appreciate how other parts of the country view the issues of the day.

Don't disagree with that. I was only suggesting an option other than that they're coming the c**t and deliberately misrepresenting areas - specifically Scotland. I don't know why I'm being so generous of spirit to be honest - flute boy proved they were at it.

2 hours ago, HTG said:

Nah, the plants dispel that idea.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Agreed.

I was in the audience and thought it was fairly good. I was kind of hoping for some chaos, but it was interesting and some good debate. The host was very good and helped.

I did see some guy called Robbie there who was at the pilot. He apparently led some Edinburgh Yes movement and had a bust up with someone on the way in. “Don’t you threaten me!” He managed to keep himself calm during the filming though.