Question Time

Elixir

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The responsibility lies with David Cameron for calling a referendum to resolve internal party politics, assuming he'd win and having absolutely no idea how to implement a leave vote.

He resigned over Brexit.

May resigned over Brexit

Who could be next?

37 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I would like to think that he might be man enough to admit that he got it all wrong by joining the Leave campaign.

Obviously if he did admit his mistakes and own up it would be the end of his political career. It needn't be the end of the world for him

HsJpiPj1JsaW.gif

tED.jpg

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The responsibility lies with David Cameron for calling a referendum to resolve internal party politics, assuming he'd win and having absolutely no idea how to implement a leave vote.

So let me get this straight - you seem to be suggesting that we shouldn't have any referenda unless the PM is sure they'll win. Either that of if they aren't sure they will win they need to know the negotiated settlement outcome to something that hasn't been negotiated yet and that won't need to be negotiated unless the PM is wrong and the thing they were 100% certain they would win, turns into a defeat! 

4 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

So let me get this straight - you seem to be suggesting that we shouldn't have any referenda unless the PM is sure they'll win. Either that of if they aren't sure they will win they need to know the negotiated settlement outcome to something that hasn't been negotiated yet and that won't need to be negotiated unless the PM is wrong and the thing they were 100% certain they would win, turns into a defeat! 

Yes, that's what I said Malky. Good lad.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

So much this. 

The Brexit fiasco is wholly the fault of Cameron and the Conservative party.

Cameron was all Billy Big Baws after the Indy Ref so he decided on the Brexit Ref much to our eternal chagrin. 

4 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

So much this. 

The Brexit fiasco is wholly the fault of Cameron and the Conservative party.

Cameron was all Billy Big Baws after the Indy Ref so he decided on the Brexit Ref much to our eternal chagrin. 

And using Project Fear tactics to tell people the economy would collapse on day one after a Leave vote in the referendum means that people think crashing out without a deal will be fine and dandy. And also making no attempt to sell the European project as a good thing, leaving all the emotional arguments to the Leavers, like we'll get invaded by 80 million Turks.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes, that's what I said Malky. Good lad.

It is though isn't it?

You criticise Cameron for assuming that he could win a stay vote in the referendum. And then you criticise him for having no plan to implement "leave" if he lost. 

The reality is that the UK was asked if we wanted to stay in or to leave the EU. The majority of those who took part in the biggest ever vote in UK history voted to leave and ever since then there has been a relentless campaign to tell the electorate they were all stupid, all racist, that they got it wrong, and that they should resist the ballot paper over and over again until they get it right. 

The reason our politics looks a shambles right now is because our elected representatives are refusing to represent the people who voted them into their well paid jobs.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

And using Project Fear tactics to tell people the economy would collapse on day one after a Leave vote in the referendum means that people think crashing out without a deal will be fine and dandy. And also making no attempt to sell the European project as a good thing, leaving all the emotional arguments to the Leavers, like we'll get invaded by 80 million Turks.

This would be the "Project Fear" that you are buying into at the moment. 

I don't think leaving the EU was a great idea, but if and when we do - with or without a deal - the one thing that I am certain of is we'll all survive it. 

11 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I don't think leaving the EU was a great idea, but if and when we do - with or without a deal - the one thing that I am certain of is we'll all survive it. 

Whoopy di doo. Unless Moggy was wrong about the mortality projections of course.

Meanwhile, true or false?

On 09/08/2019 at 16:51, Malky3 said:

I had hoped that in the modern Scotland we were making some progress towards eradicating sectarianism when in 2012 we saw the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act passed into law unopposed but by 2018 the SNP had repealed the Act

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Yes we in Scotland will survive because we are not going to be dragged out against our will.

On 06/09/2019 at 21:35, Malky3 said:

Wow. After all these weeks of needing absolute certainty about Scotland, it's no bother leaving the EU without a deal - it'll work itself out. Where's your "I'm alright Jack" pish now? Oh aye, raging Yoon swallow any English nationalist boaby. That'll be because it's an ultra right wing nationalism though. As if we didn't know already, you're a despicable cvnt. 

1 hour ago, HTG said:

Wow. After all these weeks of needing absolute certainty about Scotland, it's no bother leaving the EU without a deal - it'll work itself out. Where's your "I'm alright Jack" pish now? Oh aye, raging Yoon swallow any English nationalist boaby. That'll be because it's an ultra right wing nationalism though. As if we didn't know already, you're a despicable cvnt. 

Oh dear. Your post absolutely reeks of right wing nationalistic xenophobic hatred. 

21 hours ago, HTG said:

Talking about being abusive. This one has got it bad, he is one of the worst and certainly does your cause no good. 

Probably another boring shitfest coming up, although it might be interesting to hear what the Professor of EU Law has to say. How ironic would it be if BoJo had to appeal to the EU if the Supreme Court decrees that shutting down Parliament was/is unlawful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008lhn

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

Had to google most of them. Didn't bother with the dinosaur denyer. He's a waste of a seat.

The two women seem the most interesting and I can't see any reason to dislike the Labour boy. Yet. Plenty to hate about Lewis. Kind of goes without saying.

I'm reasonably in favour of John Healy - elected in Bliar's landslide, but still in the SC, so he's either a convincing chameleon or he got in under the wire in 97.

As said above, the soon-to-disappear-back-to-deserved-irelevance bigot will have little to contribute - I'd have preferred Forster to get the DUP's farewell QT slot, and the rest to just rip the thick cow to pieces, á la Nick Griffin.

Catherine Barnard could be interesting - the best chance we've got of someone who actually understands what the fúck's going on, although I reckon we're all just hanging on with our eyes closed now.

Hirsch has been a critic of Britain's less-than-perfect history of colonisation and slavery, so may well skewer any Brexiteer "good old days" nonsense. MIxed-race and clever with it, she deserves a hearing. Probably won't get one. I'll put it out there, mind - Bruce will ask her, as her Grandfather was Jewish, how does she feel Corbyn should be executed?

Brandon Lewis - Brandon Fúcking Lewis! You know you've had your day in the sun when CCHQ picks you as the (overt) Tory on QT this week, of all weeks. Could be good for comic relief, although the market for Tories repeating bollocks and buzzwords with a rabbit-in-headlights stare is becoming fairly crowdwed recently.