Question Time

Elixir

That 80k guy from last night might go down as an all-time legend. Never seen someone so completely wrong and immediately called out for it. 

Ofc the biggest legend is this guy. Hope the big man's well and donning his armour for indyref2. 

maxresdefault (2).jpg

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Clearly Indyref1 and Brexit put other issues on the back burner. Indyref2 will as well. If Labour win an election they deserve some time to deal with real politics.

So, if Jeremy signs the s.30 order in, say, January and we then have the Electoral Commission consultation over the question etc, the earliest I can see the referendum taking place would be Spring 2021.

Are you seriously suggesting that it will take Labour more than 15 months to put their measures to end austerity into place? I thought that this would be a priority?

In addition, I note that you've mentioned that you think Brexit has potential to put ending austerity on the back burner again. Can I assume that you feel that Labour should ignore the current "leave" date & prioritise ending austerity? Wouldn't that mean the UK crashing out with no deal?

Shouldn't this be made clear?

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

In addition, I note that you've mentioned that you think Brexit has potential to put ending austerity on the back burner again. Can I assume that you feel that Labour should ignore the current "leave" date & prioritise ending austerity?

Austerity can be ended in a single budget but Labour's program is much bigger than that and will require legislative time.