Question Time

Elixir

I actually thought the guy asking about the neutrality of the question itself had a point.

During the independence referendum, one advantage that I think we had is that to go independent the answer was 'Yes'.

'Yes' is archetypal positive word whilst 'No' is the opposite and a very negative word. From a basically psychology point of view I felt it was something we had going for us. Not enough on its own obviously, but I felt it was something in our favour.

Hunt had been invited to the world conference of science journalists in Seoul and had been asked to speak at a meeting about women in science. His brief remarks contained 39 words that have subsequently come to haunt him.

“Let me tell you about my trouble with girls. Three things happen when they are in the lab. You fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticise them, they cry,” he told delegates.

“I stood up and went mad,” he admits. “I was very nervous and a bit confused but, yes, I made those remarks – which were inexcusable – but I made them in a totally jocular, ironic way. There was some polite applause and that was it, I thought. I thought everything was OK. No one accused me of being a sexist pig.”

I know people go on about Nigel Farage's frequent appearances on the show, but surely Caroline Flint has been on just as much if not more than he has. Having Alex Salmond and David Davis meant the show was always going to decent. However, having that Bruce Willis lookalike on next week should make it the most exciting show since Nick Griffin came on a few years back.

Edited by Fotbawmad

(watching this behind..) David Davis talking about German manufacturers begging Merkel to keep us in the EU sums up Britain's delusional arrogance better than anything :lol:

Not sure I like this everyone agreeing with Salmond thing. Disconcerting.

Incredible. The Germans reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellly need Bankrupt Britain and its... what £400billion debt. Not to mention it's lightweight vacuous PM. Even France's Hollande dwarfes Cameron in the statesman dept.

Salmond showed his class and experience; Flint and Davis were pretty ordinary in comparison. Quite a decent audience and level of debate this week.

The EU referendum should produce some fascinating debate as there are decent arguements on both sides. The Telegraph wifey made a valid point; for many people this will be primarily about sovereignty. Davis also right to point out that the UK is a major trading partner for the rest of Europe; in the highly unlikely event of the UK withdrawing from Europe it would be imperative for the economies of all the major European economies that trade continues as normal.

Tonight's show has

Energy Secretary Andy Rudd

Shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham

Deputy Chairman of Ukip Suzzanne Evans

Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis

Editor of The Spectator Fraser Nelson

Should be a decent show tonight, even if the audience is bad.

Tonight's show has

Energy Secretary Andy Rudd

Shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham

Deputy Chairman of Ukip Suzzanne Evans

Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis

Editor of The Spectator Fraser Nelson

Should be a decent show tonight, even if the audience is bad.

Erm, I'm pretty sure Yanis Varoufakis won't be making it along.