A game where you remember a

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Player single handedly tearing your team to bits/running the show or just generally winning the game on his own.

A little bit of fun and a chance to appreciate a few players down the years. Latepy and an on form agathe were absolutely lethal!

Jo Cardle second half hat-trick as a substitute towards the end of McCall's reign at Firhill for the Pars.

This is the game that came to mind when I read the OP.

We definitely scored as I remember Buchanan scoring a shite consolation fairly late on. Greg Shields was up against Cardle that day (might've been Shields debut) and he couldn't work out Cardle was going to cut inside every single time.

Should have read the thread before posting. Seems everyone else agrees. It was a terrible game and I remember the sarcastic applause at Buchanan scoring the consolation as he almost missed from about 5 yards out.

James McCarthy single handedly battering Motherwell at NDP

6 years ago on Saturday. Remember it like it was yesterday. Time flies.

Also, Stevie May tearing Livi a new one and Richard Offiong running Dunfermline riot are a couple of others that spring to mind.

In my early years, there is one that stands out. Andy Ritchie for Morton v Aberdeen (Pittodrie games around 78/79).

I couldn't tell you the name of one other Morton player of the time, but I can remember wishing that Andy Ritchie played for us.

What a player he was, but boy what a player he could have been, had he had more self dicipline. :)

I give you the The King of Cappielow.

For the 'young-uns' this is his famous goal v Aberdeen at Cappielow (I wasn't there).

Yours

aDONis

6 years ago on Saturday. Remember it like it was yesterday. Time flies.

Also, Stevie May tearing Livi a new one and Richard Offiong running Dunfermline riot are a couple of others that spring to mind.

Everyone else very modestly applauding players of other teams in the theme of the thread, then the two Hamiltonian steamers come stoating in giving it the big licks. Wee team mentality.

Everyone else very modestly applauding players of other teams in the theme of the thread, then the two Hamiltonian steamers come stoating in giving it the big licks. Wee team mentality.

Already praised other players.

Did actually forget a couple though:

Dundee 0 - 0 Accies

Kyle Letheren

Accies 0 - 0 Partick

Johnny Tuffey

Two of the best goalkeeping performances I've ever seen.

A certain Rudolf Skácel utterly demolishing St. Mirren at Tynecastle three games on the spin with near enough every goal an absolute ripsnorter:

Are you lost?

Messi's performance in that friendly was ridiculous. I remember Paul Dixon saying after the game that after being beaten a few times, he thought "right, next time I'm going to chop him", only to fail to even get near enough to him to do that.

Alan Gow ripped us apart in a 5-1 defeat at home to Falkirk. :ph34r:

Archived