Partick Thistle vs Dundee

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In some way Frans papers over the cracks because he is so good. He'll probably move onto a decent English Championship or even a lower EPL team via Celtic.

How many games has this Frans played for thistle? Heard loads about him from fans on here - is he really as good as is being said above or is there a bit of exaggeration going on?

Is he better than seaborne?

How many games has this Frans played for thistle? Heard loads about him from fans on here - is he really as good as is being said above or is there a bit of exaggeration going on?

4 starts 3 shut outs

He is a very good player. Would play alongside Seaborne.

Brought to Scotland from Lierse via a recommendation from Charlie Miller who used to play there and they share the same agent John Viola.

In his starts against St Johnstone, St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hamilton we've conceded 1 goal, in a 1-0 loss to Aberdeen. He's perhaps slightly overrated in that he wouldn't have been available for us if he was that good but he's clearly better than Balatoni and at least as good as Seaborne.

After all the hype no doubt he'll drop an absolute clanger next time he plays.

Was Chic Young doing Open All Mics? I could hear him screaming "he MUST score" when Fraser (I think) was shaping to shoot from an angle with a defender right in front of him and Letheren well positioned.

Only heard his post match report which made it sound like Thistle were miles ahead of us and was a game they should have won easily. Tit!

He nearly signed for Blackpool and Leeds so he's impressed elsewhere, plus the only goal he's conceded is from a penalty. Put's in very good tackles and is great in the air.

And yeah the Archibald song was a belter. 'The big shout out' wasn't bad either tbf, still a bit cringey.

The difference with Frans and also Seaborne compared to any of our centre halves from last season is that they're just a bit bigger and stronger in the air, which in this league is a huge asset- we made Calvin Zola look like Didier Drogba last year. Obviously you can't say exactly how it would have gone yesterday for 90 minutes but I'd have been surprised if Frans would have dealt with the long ball forward for the goal as badly as Balatoni did.

4 starts 3 shut outs

He is a very good player. Would play alongside Seaborne.

Brought to Scotland from Lierse via a recommendation from Charlie Miller who used to play there and they share the same agent John Viola.

In his starts against St Johnstone, St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hamilton we've conceded 1 goal, in a 1-0 loss to Aberdeen. He's perhaps slightly overrated in that he wouldn't have been available for us if he was that good but he's clearly better than Balatoni and at least as good as Seaborne.

After all the hype no doubt he'll drop an absolute clanger next time he plays.

He nearly signed for Blackpool and Leeds so he's impressed elsewhere, plus the only goal he's conceded is from a penalty. Put's in very good tackles and is great in the air.

And yeah the Archibald song was a belter. 'The big shout out' wasn't bad either tbf, still a bit cringey.

Cheers. I guess similar to Konrad it just shows that with the right contacts and with the net cast wide enough there are good players out there willing to come to the Scottish Premiership.

Glad he missed yesterdays game in that case but tbh I'd rather face him in your defence than need to line up against Abdul Osman again - very good player.

Thistle are 11 points(with a significant goal difference advantage) clear of 11th place.

This time last year we were only 3 points clear.

Why do people continue to complain when we are quite clearly progressing?

I can't remember which F key on my keyboard has the phrase 'because it's Thistle' programmed. ;)

Haven't seen the highlights yet, going to catch Sportscene later.

It was ridiculous, after Craigen scored, how much of a lesson we were giving in how *not* to shoot. One where it needed to be kept low, leaning into the shot but instead leant right back to sky it over the bar, one where it was kept low but had absolutely no power behind it, one where it was low and hard but well wide and then back to fucking square one, leaning back putting it miles over the bar. Progressively worse attempts at goal. Higginbotham had one of his worse games for us, hope he can find his form again soon.

Freddie Frans was sat near me and seemed mightily pissed off when we conceded such a shit, avoidable goal. His girlfriend is absolutely stunning, btw.

The big shout out thing wasn't as horrendous as I thought it would be, and there was a nice touch with a group of young Thistle fans nearby all linking arms and having a wee sing song. Warmed my cold, Scrooge-like heart.

Should of been a Dundee throw in the build up to Thistle goal imo. Highlights make the match look fairly even.

It was an even game. The way we scored and the timing of it will make Thistle feel hard done by, but I don't think anyone can argue a draw was a fair result.

That's me just seen the highlights. Nice bit of opportunist cheating from Stevenson for the throw in in the lead up to the goal. Fat dick.

Opportunist, yes. Cheating, no. It wasn't a foul throw. He just took it quickly, from several yards off the pitch. It's unusual, but fine. It shouldn't have been Thistle's throw, and Stevenson knew that. But every single football supporter would want their player to play to the officials' decision and take it quickly if there's an advantage.

The criticism of Balatoni is a bit harsh. If he'd left the ball Stewart was ahead of his marker and would have had a tap in. He had to do something, though whacking it past Gallacher maybe wasn't the best option.

Out of interest what was the Dundee support like? Was pretty low at us last week I thought they would have fill thebstand behind the goal, figures said 700 but looked half that.

The support behind the goal was terrible on every level. :lol:

We took 621 (plus hozzy crew & hangers on). 734 at Hamilton. Not great, but not bad at all just before Christmas.

Opportunist, yes. Cheating, no. It wasn't a foul throw. He just took it quickly, from several yards off the pitch. It's unusual, but fine. It shouldn't have been Thistle's throw, and Stevenson knew that. But every single football supporter would want their player to play to the officials' decision and take it quickly if there's an advantage.

The criticism of Balatoni is a bit harsh. If he'd left the ball Stewart was ahead of his marker and would have had a tap in. He had to do something, though whacking it past Gallacher maybe wasn't the best option.

The support behind the goal was terrible on every level. :lol:

We took 621 (plus hozzy crew & hangers on). 734 at Hamilton. Not great, but not bad at all just before Christmas.

Except it was cheating. If the ball blatantly comes off you, you know it and you take the throw, that's cheating no matter what way you try to dress it up.

Archived