Partick Thistle vs Dundee

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously aimed at kids. Some Jags fans getting their kaftans in a knot over hee haw.

If the club are reaching out to kids and families to come along why not try and create an atmosphore and warm up the JHS Mausoleum.

The Northy atmosphere will be dependent on how the team performs on the day as things should be.

Hopefully a decent sized Dees support will come down to add to that.

Obviously aimed at kids. Some Jags fans getting their kaftans in a knot over hee haw.

If the club are reaching out to kids and families to come along why not try and create an atmosphore and warm up the JHS Mausoleum.

The Northy atmosphere will be dependent on how the team performs on the day as things should be.

Hopefully a decent sized Dees support will come down to add to that.

^^^This

Some grounds you go to and its like a morgue, especially in the top flight. Nothing wrong with trying it but really hope you don't get the chance to try tomorrow.

Some grounds you go to and its like a morgue, especially in the top flight. Nothing wrong with trying it but really hope you don't get the chance to try tomorrow.

Firhill was one of the worst. We had attempts at a singing section at the bing/City end of the JHS stadium a few years back. Never caught on and I'm not sure if stewards stopped folk standing or it just never caught on.

A couple of bright sparks amongst the support took a proposal to the board to give the North Stand to the home support as a singing and unofficial standing section.

Some mocked at first but it has help create some of the best days/nights in recent Firhill history.

It hasn't increased number wise as hoped but hopefully if we continue our decent run of home form we can get more folk in. A few old codgers come in to save the walk to the JHS and get upset when folk are standing in front of them but so f**k :P

Shame the board still ship out the end to the Gang Green Whordes. I think this has put a few folk off in general.

Cup game against Hamilton was probably best of the season but we've struggled to get even 4000 at a home game this season compared with an average of over 5000 last season.

Sair yin :(

Lack of interest?

Recent results combined with 5 days to Christmas, most likely. This time last year, our club took 8 (eight) to Alloa. We literally* had two seats per person on the bus.

I think we're doing better this time. We need 18 or thereabouts to make a bus worthwhile and it's still running tomorrow.

*As in the actual definition, not the Jamie Redknapp version.

Recent results combined with 5 days to Christmas, most likely. This time last year, our club took 8 (eight) to Alloa. We literally* had two seats per person on the bus.

I think we're doing better this time. We need 18 or thereabouts to make a bus worthwhile and it's still running tomorrow.

*As in the actual definition, not the Jamie Redknapp version.

You have a 16 seater and need 18 passengers to break even? Perhaps get someone else to organise the transport!

Firhill was one of the worst. We had attempts at a singing section at the bing/City end of the JHS stadium a few years back. Never caught on and I'm not sure if stewards stopped folk standing or it just never caught on.

A couple of bright sparks amongst the support took a proposal to the board to give the North Stand to the home support as a singing and unofficial standing section.

Some mocked at first but it has help create some of the best days/nights in recent Firhill history.

It hasn't increased number wise as hoped but hopefully if we continue our decent run of home form we can get more folk in. A few old codgers come in to save the walk to the JHS and get upset when folk are standing in front of them but so f**k :P

Shame the board still ship out the end to the Gang Green Whordes. I think this has put a few folk off in general.

Cup game against Hamilton was probably best of the season but we've struggled to get even 4000 at a home game this season compared with an average of over 5000 last season.

You're right, firhill was awful. We'd had a singing section at the north end of the JHS, then they moved the police control box up there and it got to harassment levels. So we moved to the South end. It probably peaked around the promotion push under McCall against St Johnstone, but there were nights where you'd have 15 folk standing there. It soon became clear there were a few folk in the stewards who had ideas above their station and began to really ruin things, the atmosphere was awful, the stadium as a whole.

That season under McCall then McNamara, the place was devoid of atmosphere, it was a horrible place to be. A few of our group sat in the pub, moods were low. And we talked it through with Jim Alexander. He was in total agreement, the place was a morgue. Ian Mac and I went away and thought it through over a week or so talking through different options, and Jim arranged a meeting with the club in the last day of the season. As a group we talked through some options, the main stand was quickly shot down. No way we were going in there. Ian and I wanted the North Stand.

The two of us sat down the front on the last game of the season at the south end. 50 odd folk standing pretty silent behind us and looked at the 2000 seats in the north stand and thought! Shit, what have we taken on here!

We went up at half time and talked it through, folk were against moving, AGAIN. Others were right behind it, others would try anything.

On the first game, we aimed for 50 through the gate. We got 180 I think, and it kept rising. Culminating in 2000 against Morton and Dunfermline.

I haven't seen any figures but I think we must average around the 500 or 600 mark. The stand looks about a quarter to a third full.

I'd love us to average about 800 that would be ridiculously good. But must of all I want us to stay there, not to be pushed out by shit scared police when the bigots come to Firhill. I'm nearly 40 and getting too old for this nonsense, I've given the last 10 years doing daft stuff, putting on pre match gigs, serving on the trust board. Trying to make firhill and the match day experience better. This is my last big thing before I go and sit at games with my dad. I love talking to him about football but have only ever sat with him on a handful of occasions at Firhill. I want a few years of it!

I'll spend the next year or so trying to talk sense into the board, trying to really understand the decision making process of putting them in our stand and trying to change it... Then someone else needs to step up. Get involved. Fall out with their girlfriend because all they do is email the council or directors about stuff, or post on football forums, or sit on the phone talking about Thistle... all the time apparently!!!

We need to get more flags up on the back wall, create more ownership, make it more visually appealing.... It feels as if things have gotten complacent. Ian and I spoke to the board about that street artist maybe doing some work on the back wall or NS concourse. I'd like something to come of that.

You have a 16 seater and need 18 passengers to break even? Perhaps get someone else to organise the transport!

No, we get what we need so long as we give enough notice. The smallest is a 16-seater; the biggest is 30. The standing booking is for a 24-seater which is big enough, on average.

whats the best place to drink that's will let kids in munns vaults or the atkins suite and is it cheap santa stole my dosh so am counting the pennies today.

Not sure if its kid friendly but Munns is pretty cheap. Aitken suite welcome kids but not sure of prices. Should be okay price wise. Just leave the bairns outside Munns with a can of coke and crisps and get fired into some cheap pints and shorts.

#OldSchool

p.s. There's a lounge at Munns so should be okay. For some reason they have doormen this sesson, I'm sure they'll let you know the score for sure.

Not sure if its kid friendly but Munns is pretty cheap. Aitken suite welcome kids but not sure of prices. Should be okay price wise. Just leave the bairns outside Munns with a can of coke and crisps and get fired into some cheap pints and shorts.

#OldSchool

p.s. There's a lounge at Munns so should be okay. For some reason they have doormen this sesson, I'm sure they'll let you know the score for sure.

Ok thanks for that

whats the best place to drink that's will let kids in munns vaults or the atkins suite and is it cheap santa stole my dosh so am counting the pennies today.

The Aitken Suite is located within the Main Stand of the stadium. It has SKY and BT Sports so will be showing the early kick off. It's also kid friendly. I've never been in it myself so can't comment on prices, but if you are with kids it's convenient for getting into the ground without a short walk.

The Woodside Inn, located on Maryhill Road opposite the Jaguar Garage, is about a 10 minute walk from the away end. It's £1.10 for a can of juice and £2.80 for a Tennent's. Kid's friendly.

Never been in Munns on gameday so can't comment on it at all.

The Aitken Suite is located within the Main Stand of the stadium. It has SKY and BT Sports so will be showing the early kick off. It's also kid friendly. I've never been in it myself so can't comment on prices, but if you are with kids it's convenient for getting into the ground without a short walk.

The Woodside Inn, located on Maryhill Road opposite the Jaguar Garage, is about a 10 minute walk from the away end. It's £1.10 for a can of juice and £2.80 for a Tennent's. Kid's friendly.

Never been in Munns on gameday so can't comment on it at all.

Thanks for the information

Archived