Heart of Midlothian v Alloa Athletic, 20/12/2014

What did the Lino do to upset you? I only ask as I thought the officials weren't centre stage for a change! I sit on that side and thought he was fine.

Maybe he was just a handy target for some abuse on day when we didn't create much but I was particularly incensed by his flagging Michael Doyle after a great run from deep then getting past an attempted body check only to be somehow penalised for it. In general I think officials in Scotland are actually very good but I thought the guys today, whilst they didn't make real howlers, were influenced by the home crowd. Alloa players were booked for fouls then Hearts men got warnings for basically the same offence. Had zero impact on the outcome and Hearts were always going to win that game but I found the performance of the officials quite frustrating, which isn't normally the case.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't Hearts due for a slump in form to give Sevco a chance of winning the league? Every Ex-Ger and his dug has told us this MUST happen. So in this time of good will to all men (and orcs), please do them a favour and send out your youth team for a change. :lol:

If we do that against Hibs in a fortnight it still won't change very much: our youth team pumped them four times last season.

Just remembered that Pallardo tonked the bar in the second half. He must have had 2-0 on the coupon. :(

I really hope both he and Gomis find the back of the net before the end of the season. Jimmy has cracked the bar as well come to think of it. <_<

Just the goals :)

Why is Hearts TV so inferior to QoS TV? The camera work is so amateurish, limited poor close up shots, and despite the camera covering more than half of the pitch they still manage to lose the ball of screen a couple of times FFS.

You would think that a bigger club could afford better cameras and a slightly more professional production than the likes of QoS, but the QoS highlights wiped the floor with anything I've ever seen on Hearts TV.

If I thought Hearts could provide something as slick and professional as QoS I would definitely subscribe.

Why is Hearts TV so inferior to QoS TV? The camera work is so amateurish, limited poor close up shots, and despite the camera covering more than half of the pitch they still manage to lose the ball of screen a couple of times FFS.

You would think that a bigger club could afford better cameras and a slightly more professional production than the likes of QoS, but the QoS highlights wiped the floor with anything I've ever seen on Hearts TV.

If I thought Hearts could provide something as slick and professional as QoS I would definitely subscribe.

damn qots win the TV highlights competition, get a grip hearts ay up yer game man.

good point though lol.

I'm guessing that QoSTV are more used to being the only cameras at the game.

Quite pleased to escape with a respectable 2-0 defeat. It was clear to see hearts had their eye on Tuesday night and took it easy in the second half.

After Cowdenbeath getting a win at QoS we really need to get something from QoS next week.

Maybe he was just a handy target for some abuse on day when we didn't create much but I was particularly incensed by his flagging Michael Doyle after a great run from deep then getting past an attempted body check only to be somehow penalised for it. In general I think officials in Scotland are actually very good but I thought the guys today, whilst they didn't make real howlers, were influenced by the home crowd. Alloa players were booked for fouls then Hearts men got warnings for basically the same offence. Had zero impact on the outcome and Hearts were always going to win that game but I found the performance of the officials quite frustrating, which isn't normally the case.

I know the incident you're on about, I dunno about body check but Eckersley certainly put his arm across your man. He was then tripped after and we got the free kick. I don't think the red was pro Hearts tbh, I reckon a few of your boys could've been booked. That sai it wasn't a particularly dirty game.

And I had to laugh at someone abusing Wilson and him just standing smiling for a wee bit at the away end!

Near the final whistle Stephen Simmons reacted to a wind up merchant in section C. He looked well grumpy.

I was wondering why all the boos were aimed at Doherty from the section G area?

There were two bookings, and Alloa in particular could have seen plenty more. He was lenient towards you.

He could have booked more Alloa players and he could have booked Hearts players. My complaint is simply that Alloa players were booked for the kind of fouls that then saw Hearts players get a warning. Minor complaints and zero outcome on the match but rather weak refereeing.

We wondered about that too.

Apparently, some fan in F or G was giving Doherty a bit of abuse, and Doherty made some shapes to the effect that the fan was a bit of a fat b*****d! :lol:

:lol:

It was only when I got home yesterday that I realised Stephen Simmons was playing.

He could have booked more Alloa players and he could have booked Hearts players. My complaint is simply that Alloa players were booked for the kind of fouls that then saw Hearts players get a warning. Minor complaints and zero outcome on the match but rather weak refereeing.

The booking in front of us in section B was the kind of professional foul that should see your fans commend him for "taking one for the team"

Neil Alexander had the deckchair out from the first minute.

Done enough to win fairly comfortably without getting out of second gear really.

Pretty comfortable win, I felt we had a gear or two in reserve. Without being patronising I felt like Alloa struggled with our superior fitness

We didn't get out of second gear today, and still ran out convincing winners.

Even in second gear, Hearts aren't bad to watch.

FFS. :lol:

Good first half, appalling second half. Left after 65 minutes as we were content to do f**k all. Alloa not even close to the worst team in the league, well organised and decent defensively.

The clearly are though? Seeing as they have won the least amount of points in the league.

Archived