Heart of Midlothian v Alloa Athletic, 20/12/2014

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty comfortable win, I felt we had a gear or two in reserve. Without being patronising I felt like Alloa struggled with our superior fitness but for a part time team that's to be expected. The two full backs looked decent and number 3? I thought had a good game for the wasps, who try to play football the right way.

Prince and pallardo bossed it today and Keatings had a few great touches, it was a game where our closing down probably won the game more than our approach play. Roll onto cowdenbeath...

How was it, chaps? Think most folks would have been relatively OK with the results from the last two games, all things considered. Next week should be fun, considering Queens' embarrassing result today.

We didn't get out of second gear today, and still ran out convincing winners. A lot of moaners in the second half: yes, we could've played better and won by much more; but they didn't need to try as Alloa barely threatened.

Robinson was excellent today: broke down Alloa's play in midfield and kept it simple. I hope Nicolson replaces King for the game against Cowden - the latter had a couple of nice flashes today but as others have alluded to he needs a rest.

Currahee!, on 20 Dec 2014 - 19:41, said:

The taking the piss out the Alloa player with the high pitched voice was funny.

:lol:

The guy clearly didn't want to do much shouting after the first calls from the stand. When more folk joined in later it was even better.

Even in second gear, Hearts aren't bad to watch. The good football seemed to come in instalments but when it was good, it was very good. The first goal was a wee cracker. Alloa offered nothing. McCord in the middle for them was excellent though. Seemed to be a class above what was around him.

I felt that we did what we had to do considering that we have another game on Tuesday.

I can understand it, but having once seen us lose the league on goal difference I'd like to see us win handsomely whenever we have the chance.

Oh, and Takis Fyssas to the Alloa fans at half time:

ribery.gif

What did he say? It sounded like his song was Champions League, you're having a laugh. Anyway, good to see a club honouring past players like that and the two of them and Fyssas in particular must have been delighted with the reception from the fans.

As for the game I thought we did better than last week but Hearts were so quick and incisive and posed a threat whenever we gave the ball away. We need to keep these games at 0-0 for a good while to have a chance and as such the first goal was a blow, particularly when we had settled pretty well. Also unfortunate the one that hit the post on half time didn't go in, would have given us something to build on. Ultimately we did well to slow it down and keep it at 2-0. Special mention to the linesman nearest us, an incompetent moron of a man.

8 games so far against the big 3 and 2-0 is the worst we've had which is a decent effort. We seem to be getting over the injury crisis now and the aim for the rest of the season must be to collect more points against teams in the middle and bottom of the league, 12 points is a poor return given some of the football we've played.

Hearts look good, nobody will catch them. Thought Tynecastle was great too and folk in the pubs before really sound. A good away day.

Aren't Hearts due for a slump in form to give Sevco a chance of winning the league? Every Ex-Ger and his dug has told us this MUST happen. So in this time of good will to all men (and orcs), please do them a favour and send out your youth team for a change. :lol:

What did the Lino do to upset you? I only ask as I thought the officials weren't centre stage for a change! I sit on that side and thought he was fine.

I didn't think the linesman did much wrong either. I thought the officiating was quite good and the ref did well to keep his cards in his pocket for the most part, when there was times when he could have been throwing them out.

I didn't think the linesman did much wrong either. I thought the officiating was quite good and the ref did well to keep his cards in his pocket for the most part, when there was times when he could have been throwing them out.

Agreed. I feel the refs are a bit lenient with some of the tackles at times in this league. I thought the one on Paterson was quite high and holt took a late one too but the ref let the game flow well today.

Agreed. I feel the refs are a bit lenient with some of the tackles at times in this league. I thought the one on Paterson was quite high and holt took a late one too but the ref let the game flow well today.

Agreed. Thought the Ref let a few things go to see if an advantage was there then pulled them back when there wasn't.

Wasn't a dirty game at all but also was well officiated.

Archived