Drink you don't see anymore?

Grim O'Grady

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finkbräu.

Tennent's Velvet. It was up there with Boddingtons as the best heavy on tap. There version of best is a bit meh.

Oranjeboom (in Scotland) I got four cans from a off license just outside Liverpool Lime Street station last year for the journey home from a stag do but can't find it up here.

Anyone shed any light on the limited edition of Red Stripe what was available years ago? I've heard from the boys at the football that it was amazing.

I liked Breaker. I was very fond of Scotsmac for a while as well.

Whams Dram too good for you?

Kestrel and Norseman lager both utter cats piss.

One night years ago a big Viking bloke showed up at the Railway Inn in Busby trying to give away free cans of Norseman.

He had few takers! Yes it was that bad

Oranjeboom (in Scotland) I got four cans from a off license just outside Liverpool Lime Street station last year for the journey home from a stag do but can't find it up here.

8 for £5 in Iceland (440ml cans) for years until about a decade ago. A sad loss.

Worse than Carlsberg imo.

I also noted the reoccurrence of McEwan's Lager in a few places. No-one that wasn't a bellend ever liked that dreck.

The amount of failed Tennent stuff is ridiculous though. Just in last 15 years:

SD

Velvet

...and the latest Tennent Export. Soon to be in a thread like this.

Also, you pretty much never see Caffreys or Beamish Red in pubs now. Which is probably for the best.

Tuborg is lovely.

I'd also expect this to be added to the failed Tennents list

tennents_heehaw.jpg

Big beasty, used to tan it for fun when I was 14 at the Oakbank community centre.

Irn bru 32

Red tizer

I've seen tennant's ember on tap in the moncrieffe arms, but not sure if it's just a tap that isn't connected or incredibly out of date beer.

Black tennants, is actually quite decent

8 for £5 in Iceland (440ml cans) for years until about a decade ago. A sad loss.

Aldi used to sell it years ago as well but the fuckers stopped selling it. A delightful beverage.

The same goes for Lowenbräu it's one of my favourite beers but it's hard to find in Scotland nowadays. I stocked up on the stuff last year when I heard B & M where selling it but they've not had it in since then.

Not seen this in years as well: post-30743-14188540119631_thumb.jpg

Someone mentioned Skol, but it's in every supermarket and loads of shops like Spar.

Used to be able to buy cans of it from a pub in perth.

It was shite

Aye it was the carry out cans in the pub I worked in across from central station many years ago.

Tbey also did Elephant Beer in bottles, about 8% volume. I think Carlsberg brew/ed it?

Archived