The Battle Of Gayfield- 10th Jan

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time we won up there? I've never seen a Rovers victory at Gayfield.

It was 2008.

As the arithmetician sees this game, the only way to keep the title race in our own hands is to win. Any other result means we'll have to rely on third parties to help us win the league, and the psychological importance of beating Arbroath - at this important stage in the season - cannot be underestimated.

Only thing I will predict Paul is it is Arbroath's title whatever the result on Saturday .

i wouldnt argue with that, so far they have been the most consistent team and have plenty of goals in them with McManus and Murray... that is something that we have missed badly, give us a goalscorer like one of those 2 and id say we would have a better chance at it.

I hope TJ gets his chance soon now that hes has returned, his scoring record on loan was superb!

It's much more expensive for me to use the bus under ordinary circumstances, so I tend to drive. Taking Arbroath as an example, the bus would be £31 for me and the two boys, when I can go up there and back on about £20 worth of diesel in more comfort and spend less of the day doing so.

The downside is, you can't escape from your own banter in the car!!

Only joking.

Not sure what result to hope for here. Choosing between second or third (now looking fairly likely...albeit unbelievable at the start of the season) is neither here nor there, but it would be nice to give Arbroath a run for their money a wee bit longer. Away win, and a win for QP.

Nope- this is going to be the weekend of Gayfield Revenge, where finally we can put to bed the 2010/11 season when we were Arbroath's humble bridesmaids, and the 6-2 and 6-1 hammerings of 2011/12.

Simon Murray to be knackered after his first week of FT training and give the Dunlops an easy shift in a 6-0 away win. Goals from Gemmell (x3), Chaplain (x2) and Kevin Nicollog.

Wouldn't be surprised if this game is off.

Think it'll be on.

Courier today saying McBride/Little/Nicoll/Lowdon all struggling, Johnstone unwell. That's like our whole back 4!

We have signed McGeever on loan now too! So far that's Zubaidi/Carreiro/Easton/McCallum/Murray and now McGeever too. The 5 loan maximum a season thing can't be true?

Archived