The Great Big Morton Thread

Tidser and his agent will of known about this.

He's better sitting up here closer to home in the reserves than he is down in Rotherham in the reserves to be fair to him.

The club should of known about this, and I would expect (in the real world) to see our Chief Exec given her jotters for the latest fiasco but under Dougie I'm sure it won't happen.

There may be a way around the whole situation but if Rotherham have paid up his contract til the end of the season, he's technically being paid for the remainder of the season and the whole "he is surely allowed to work" doesn't really stand up I don't think with respects to that.

Hopefully get it sorted and get him in the team as soon as. If that's pre season then so be it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see the result of Ben Arfa case going on with the same issue, with the English FA now trying to help out...

If FIFA class that u21 match as an official match but still accept that appeal then the precedent is set.

I'm sure he'd want to play football but I don't think Tidser can be annoyed with Morton, it's not like we've signed him knowing that he couldn't play this season to prevent him signing for someone else. He's now getting a wage from Morton for doing nothing. Fair enough if he's annoyed with his agent who presumably was involved in arranging his mutual release from Rotherham into what now transpires to be footballing wilderness for 7 months. That said it sounds like he'd have been in the reserves down South as well.

It is very frustrating all in all and I hope a loophole can be found somewhere, but I fear that Tidser will be sitting in the stand until pre-season.

I reckon it'll be his agent and Donaldson he will pissed off at. No footballer wants to sit on the sidelines all year. His main reason coming back was to get back to playing and feeling good about football again.

His brother 'by all accounts' was enthusiastic about seeing him play this coming Saturday also. He clearly didn't know either. Not one poster on here noticed that he had played for 2 clubs already. This was the job of one Morton and employee, and once again, she failed to deliver.

Will be interesting to see the result of Ben Arfa case going on with the same issue, with the English FA now trying to help out...

If FIFA class that u21 match as an official match but still accept that appeal then the precedent is set.

We are all Hatem Ben Arfa.

I reckon it'll be his agent and Donaldson he will pissed off at. No footballer wants to sit on the sidelines all year. His main reason coming back was to get back to playing and feeling good about football again.

His brother 'by all accounts' was enthusiastic about seeing him play this coming Saturday also. He clearly didn't know either. Not one poster on here noticed that he had played for 2 clubs already. This was the job of one Morton and employee, and once again, she failed to deliver.

To be fair, we all talked about it at the time of McManus and Adam. As Adam had to wait 'til January to sign we all just assumed that the rule was in a calendar year.

It's the cross border part of it nobody knew about. Having said that clubs and especially agents should know these rules inside out.

That's it - i'm done with Fifa. It's uninstalled and it's Pro Evo from now on.

Actually, Morton should too. Renounce our allegiance to Fifa, change our name to Greenock Blue Hoops, change Tidser's name to Micky Tidsy and let the party continue.

Haha, played :lol:

all pointing and laughing aside, what is the possible justification for such a rule (and how can it be made to stand up under EU employment law?)

seems very bizarre. why can't a player turn out for three clubs in a season, in different countries, if his career is in that transition period?

Baffling, to be honest. I can't think of a single reason why such a rule would have been put in place.

Article 5.2 of the FIFA regulations regarding the status and transfer of players states that: “Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs”.

The actual wording of the regulations as above is interesting and certainly open to challenge in the case of Tidser. Michael Tidser did not play a match for Rotherham; he played in a match for 27 minutes.

No doubt that point will be ridiculed by some, but I suggest that any semi-competent lawyer could make a very decent case of it. The essence of the framing of such rules is that they are able to be interpreted precisely.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days/weeks.

Erm, that quite clearly counts as having played in a official match.

These basic rules are even available online so there is no excuse for a competent backroom staff to miss it, not even for Donaldson's eleventh tea break of the day.

And given they failed to spot it here, we can safely assume that they didn't have a clue when they signed Adam, whether or not he'd be eligible to play.

TTG.

Article 5.2 of the FIFA regulations regarding the status and transfer of players states that: “Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs”.

The actual wording of the regulations as above is interesting and certainly open to challenge in the case of Tidser. Michael Tidser did not play a match for Rotherham; he played in a match for 27 minutes.

No doubt that point will be ridiculed by some, but I suggest that any semi-competent lawyer could make a very decent case of it. The essence of the framing of such rules is that they are able to be interpreted precisely.

If a player is registered on a team sheet then the intention or potential was to play, plenty of teams have suffered from this in cup competitions being ineligible so I would say its ludicrous to suggest that this particular 27 minutes would be deemed superfluous and will result in a successful legal challenge rather than a desperate attempt to retrieve an omnishambles.

This highlights the incompetence at the club from managerial appointments, players signed, contracts etc time to get the blinkers off.

*Starts ridiculing*

The underlined bit may well be the stupidest thing I've ever seen written semi-seriously in my 4 years on P&B.

Archived