Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

If the other crew members jumped off the lorry rather than trying to get to the handbrake or move driver off accelerator whilst not to blame they certainly won't be getting any bravery awards.

If I found anything offensive, and I don't. It would be shite like this and his other posts.

Incidentally, I'm not sure I made any jokes about casualties on this. I admit being disparaging of some reactions to the incident.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2312-GLASGOW_3146266c.jpg

Interesting as it isn't a full straight line - you'd have thought the driver if taken ill to hit someone at GOMA would then have hit that building but instead seems to have made that corner then cruised in a straight line.

Well given that you have to turn up Queen Street towards George Square when you come from Ingram Street, it's not exactly "interesting". It's plausible (not in your mind obviously) that the driver has taken ill as he turned the lorry.

That's a pretty poor excuse if that's what he is going with. Going on his tweet, he is under the impression that one hundred people were hit by a bin lorry, surely even the thickest of person would know that wouldn't end well.

My Facebook is full of the faux outrage about how they would love to get their hands on him and what not, aye it's a pretty sick what he has done, but unless this tragedy personally affects you, the lynch mob mentality is way over the top.

personally I'd like to see the fanny dropped off in the centre of Glasgow, in a Die Hard with a vengeance type of way, naked with his tweet strapped to him

If I found anything offensive, and I don't. It would be shite like this and his other posts.

Incidentally, I'm not sure I made any jokes about casualties on this. I admit being disparaging of some reactions to the incident.

It's the rumours that do it for me. "I heard from a friend's cousin that her mate was there and she said..." and so on.

Careful. If you suggest the possibility of human error, some people will start crying and not be able to stop for a whole year.

I avoided previous mention of you on this thread as I thought it wasn't the place but since you've popped up and spouted that I'll just point out that far from simply suggesting "the possibility of human error" you actually stated "The lack of a mayday call means it was almost certainly pilot error, so why does the public foot the bill?" I'll happily bump the original thread if you want to !?

If the other crew members jumped off the lorry rather than trying to get to the handbrake or move driver off accelerator whilst not to blame they certainly won't be getting any bravery awards.

Is it not more likely that they jumped off after it came to a standstill ?

We don't know what went on inside that cab, it's entirely possible that they grabbed the wheel and may have actually prevented more loss of life !?

Thanks to everyone who reported god hates Scotland as it has now been deleted

Some of the utterly deplorable stuff that was posted on it about Glasgow was just sickening. I reported it but facebook reviewed it and apparently came to the conclusion that it didn't contain Racist/Hate speech.

Constant references throughout the forum to jock001's posts on the Clutha thread are boring as f**k. We get it. Move on ffs.

Like I said - it was Jock popping up and posting about it that made reference to that particular thread valid - I've also said I'll bump the thread if need be.

Archived