Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

Have to agree, it would be a bit unsettling if that Twitter guy is prosecuted for anything.

He's obviously an orbital level c**t but bad taste and being unfunny shouldn't be a crime. You could double Scotland's prison population with an hours search of P&B if what he's done gets you the jail.

The people threatening him and posting his details should actually face punishment. Thick fuckers.

absolutely correct.

being a cock should not be a crime.

being a c**t by posting his details should be.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's from his legit account. He posted "Bad news from Glasgow. Sympathy to all the victims and their poor families. Couldn't be a worse time of year for such tragedy."

Couldn't believe that he tweeted the other thing just hours after this.

Yeah, it's from his legit account. He posted "Bad news from Glasgow. Sympathy to all the victims and their poor families. Couldn't be a worse time of year for such tragedy."

Couldn't believe that he tweeted the other thing just hours after this.

He'd probably had a few by then.

He must have missed the logo on the side of the lorry:

glasgow.png

As mentioned further up the thread, I work for the council. One of the HEIL engineers gave me a woolly hat with the logo on it. I walked into my bowling club one day with it on and was set upon by two of the old duffers for wearing an offensive hat.

I'm in two minds about seeing people who are not related to this is any way posting how they feel on social media.

I think it goes without saying that everyone thinks this is a terrible and tragic accident and feels bad for the people directly involved. Would you raise the issue on facebook or Twitter to improve your image or piggyback onto others genuine grief and sorrow?

I'm not saying it's even a conscious thing but it does seem to happen more and more these days, it was very unsual to get a minutes silence or applause at a football match. Now it happens all the time. Have people become more sensitive or what is it?

There's talk of a candlelit vigil that has gone public on facebook, inviting people from all over Scotland. I don't want to seem crass or insensitive but is this not getting a bit much? Let the families grieve in peace and stop interfering with things that you have no right to.

Things changed after Lady Diana's unfortunate death, people crying yet they had never met her.

I don't understand this, sorry.

I guess it's a bit like when you drive past a car accident and slow down to look because it's just human nature?

I'm in two minds about seeing people who are not related to this is any way posting how they feel on social media.

I think it goes without saying that everyone thinks this is a terrible and tragic accident and feels bad for the people directly involved. Would you raise the issue on facebook or Twitter to improve your image or piggyback onto others genuine grief and sorrow?

I'm not saying it's even a conscious thing but it does seem to happen more and more these days, it was very unsual to get a minutes silence or applause at a football match. Now it happens all the time. Have people become more sensitive or what is it?

There's talk of a candlelit vigil that has gone public on facebook, inviting people from all over Scotland. I don't want to seem crass or insensitive but is this not getting a bit much? Let the families grieve in peace and stop interfering with things that you have no right to.

Things changed after Lady Diana's unfortunate death, people crying yet they had never met her.

I don't understand this, sorry.

I guess it's a bit like when you drive past a car accident and slow down to look because it's just human nature?

I don't go in for that kind of thing myself, and in a global scale of catastrophes it was minor. But I can understand it, people out Christmas shopping on a street most of us know well getting mown down by a bin lorry is a bit different. Like the helicopter crash last year, if I had been in Glasgow when it happened I'd have been propping up the bar waiting for the Ska band to start. You react differently to events you can imagine more vividly.

Yeah I definitely felt a bit more connected to this and the Clutha tragedy, just think that the people actually connected deserve peace and a chance to grieve in their own way.

I don't go in for that kind of thing myself, and in a global scale of catastrophes it was minor. But I can understand it, people out Christmas shopping on a street most of us know well getting mown down by a bin lorry is a bit different. Like the helicopter crash last year, if I had been in Glasgow when it happened I'd have been propping up the bar waiting for the Ska band to start. You react differently to events you can imagine more vividly.

Exactly when you rationalise it 6 deaths whilst individually tragic is ultimately f**k all in the grand scheme of things, it probably isn't even notable terms of the number of people who died in glasgow yesterday.

Many need to rein in there reaction here, its doubtful they'll react in the same way next time theres a bad car crash, and thats something with just as much "it could have been me" factor.

Some of the utterly deplorable stuff that was posted on it about Glasgow was just sickening. I reported it but facebook reviewed it and apparently came to the conclusion that it didn't contain Racist/Hate speech.

They came to very much the wrong conclusion. One of the first posts from this cretin (whoever he was) contained, amongst other things, the word 'bender'. That's hate speech.

At least the page went though.

I'd hope the police just have a word in his ear. Bad taste shouldn't be illegal.

Absolutely, this is obviously a very emotive issue but the Police should not be paying any attention to this stupid boy. Free speech no matter how ill-judged and nasty should be defended.

What's going on with all these accidents recently? Clutha last year at this time, this and now it seems there's a taxi driver missing in Ayr suspected of driving into the harbour as a result of the rain last night. It's just horrible.

Terrible events yesterday.

Having a Christmas pint with my pal Normski who was in the Clutha. Broke his back and legs but is back on his feet now.

I hope those injured can make the best of their recovery.

My heart goes out to those not so lucky and their family and friends.

Ok we are all entitled to free speech and so on but what about sheer common fuckin decency? Some of the posts I've read online are nothing short of vile and sickening and while I agree are not illegal you have to wonder at the mentality of these posters.

The human race always finds ways to let you down...

Archived