Clarke Carlisle

ferryjambo

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Black part, where does that fit into things?

Perfectly, where TV and media are concerned in finding the exception to the rule....Joey Barton has latterly been comparable to Lord fucking Byron with his eagerness to call out his targets on social media, yet is something of a pariah, because he's a sack. Carlisle's apparently relentless no-stone-unturned fight against racism is laughable, but not quite as such is his basic inability to coherently comment on a game of football. In short, no one has manipulated two fronts so well, until he soon got found out.

Making an appearance at Loftus Road on Saturday to do some media work sums the bawbag up for me.

His ego once again getting the better of him in an attempt to bring attention to himself.

As has been pointed out, he's trying to build a career in the media. He's not doing it for attention, but instead to earn a living.

There really are some muppets about. This is a sad tale all round. Suicide is a complex topic and too many people are eager to see it in terms of black or white (in no way intended as a race pun).

Perfectly, where TV and media are concerned in finding the exception to the rule....Joey Barton has latterly been comparable to Lord fucking Byron with his eagerness to call out his targets on social media, yet is something of a pariah, because he's a sack. Carlisle's apparently relentless no-stone-unturned fight against racism is laughable, but not quite as such is his basic inability to coherently comment on a game of football. In short, no one has manipulated two fronts so well, until he soon got found out.

Is word salad your official defence? I think you need a better lawyer.

I read an article a while ago about train suicides, some similarities to what CC did - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8456816.stm

The fact is that if you are in mental distress then you probably won't think clearly about what you are doing. I know someone who possibly ended their life by walking into traffic and they were severely mentally ill (it was never conclusively proved that they were deliberately ending their life though).

People do this all the time.

As an example, my best friend's dad committed suicide when we were both 18. He did so using a bottle of vodka, a hose and a car engine (apparently the most pain free method). He set things up so he knew who would find the body and when, to avoid distress to his wife.

What Clark Carlisle did was incredibly selfish.

Are there no exceptions to that hard rule you've created through one example? From a sane mind, you can judge it as selfish but to say with absolute certainty that Carlisle knew exactly what he was doing and carried it out selfishly is a different thing. It just isn't as black and white as that.

Perfectly, where TV and media are concerned in finding the exception to the rule...

Right, so just to clarify, black people being able to spell is the exception to the rule?

A lot of people making complete arses of themselves here. Carlisle may or may not be an arsehole (the evidence would seem to suggest he is) but I was under the impression that we'd moved on as a society from blaming mentally ill people for attempting to kill themselves in the 'wrong' way. Apparently not.

Right, so just to clarify, black people being able to spell is the exception to the rule?

A lot of people making complete arses of themselves here. Carlisle may or may not be an arsehole (the evidence would seem to suggest he is) but I was under the impression that we'd moved on as a society from blaming mentally ill people for attempting to kill themselves in the 'wrong' way. Apparently not.

Where did you hear that we'd moved on from a society where a depressed person can attempt suicide at the expense of another person without getting any accusations of selfishness aimed at them? I've never seen or heard this discussed anywhere before.

Is it because the driver is physically fine that Carlisle seems to be getting the sympathy of some here who fail to see the selfishness of his actions? Who knows the mental damage this has done to the driver? What if the driver had crashed and died?

Guest The Phoenix

Where did you hear that we'd moved on from a society where a depressed person can attempt suicide at the expense of another person without getting any accusations of selfishness aimed at them? I've never seen or heard this discussed anywhere before. Is it because the driver is physically fine that Carlisle seems to be getting the sympathy of some here who fail to see the selfishness of his actions? Who knows the mental damage this has done to the driver? What if the driver had crashed and died?

And what purpose do these accusations have?

Clark Carlisle, in common with everyone who attempts or commits suicide, was not of "right mind".

If he had been, I'm willing to wager, suicide wouldn't have been in his top "One Hundred Things To Do Before I Die".

Dee Man is just blatantly ignorant. I expect that from a troll like H_B but I fear this one might actually be serious.

It's baffling that someone can look at a person who's mind is so fucked that they want to end their life, and come to the hilarious conclusion that they are thinking rationally.

Guest The Phoenix

Tbf what if the driver had swerved to avoid him and crashed into a school and died? Would Clark have been forgiven because he wasn't right of mind? What if a murderer claims he isn't right of mind do we just let him off? There's a difference between not thinking straight and not thinking at all.

Et voila... proof of the pudding.

Archived