Clarke Carlisle

ferryjambo

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really sure where I stand on this as I've never been in the position of wanting to kill myself (thankfully) but the way you've described that above comes across as quite a rational way of thinking (minus the kill yourself part). Would folk sit there and think "right, now I know I'm going to kill myself, what way can I do this that no one else will be affected?"? I'm not so sure someone who has decided they no longer want to live is really considering much at that moment. It's similar to when people say "didn't he think about his wife and kids that he was leaving behind, selfish c**t", we haven't the foggiest idea what he was thinking.

People do this all the time.

As an example, my best friend's dad committed suicide when we were both 18. He did so using a bottle of vodka, a hose and a car engine (apparently the most pain free method). He set things up so he knew who would find the body and when, to avoid distress to his wife.

What Clark Carlisle did was incredibly selfish.

In what way does the bin lorry incident have any relevance whatsoever to Clark Carlisle trying to kill himself? Are his actions somehow made worse because people died being run over in another country (after he actually tried to call himself)?

Haven't you said you suffered/are suffering from depression? I sincerely hope it never gets so bad that you want to kill yourself. You can say with absolutely no certainty what you would do in that situation.

It definitely is a harsh coincidence that innocents died when they were going about their daily business on the same day he tried to throw himself in front of one trying to take his own life, more of an after thought than anything else

I get depressed and anxious a lot, more self inflicted than anything but i suppose I'm in the same boat as most people and don't get it too badly, i can understand suicide but i just hope he makes a full apology for the effect his actions had on others

There is a point there though, I doubt Carlisle would get as many gigs if he wasn't black and a high profile anti-racist figure. Its clear hes a box ticker.

Archived