Championship January transfer window

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraser Fyvie has been released by Wigan wonder if any club will take a punt on him, if he takes a wage cut. Might look at how scott Allan has done at Hibs and use it as a springboard back to the Top league. (Thats if he has still got it )

Fraser Fyvie has been released by Wigan wonder if any club will take a punt on him, if he takes a wage cut. Might look at how scott Allan has done at Hibs and use it as a springboard back to the Top league. (Thats if he has still got it )

Decent shout, this is exactly the type of young player I want Hibs to sign. Young, hungry, talented and a point to prove.

He was reportedly on £8,000 a week at Wigan.

Hopefully he's one of those footballers that is wise enough to take a cut in wages in order to get his career back on track. Despite the rumours I highly doubt he'll end up at Hibs, especially since those were loan rumours before he got released.

Scott Pittman officially signs for Livingston from Bo'ness utd

David Robertson released by mutual consent.

So Robertson and Mensing (two of our highest earners) both leaving, will help free up some money for new players.

We tried to sign Rafael De vita and offered him an exceptional deal but he opted for County, we also tried to bring Jason Scotland in but he decided on a return to Accies.

I expect there to be a couple new signings for Livi in the next day or two, no need to rush them as they are free agents.

Any chance Robertson will drop a league and go part time?

I don't see why not, done ok when playing for us but was never a stand out, I always got the impression he hid in a few games, not a great loss another one of Mcglynn's extremely poor signings, would certainly do a job in a lower league though.

Scott Pittman officially signs for Livingston from Bo'ness utd

David Robertson released by mutual consent.

So Robertson and Mensing (two of our highest earners) both leaving, will help free up some money for new players.

We tried to sign Rafael De vita and offered him an exceptional deal but he opted for County, we also tried to bring Jason Scotland in but he decided on a return to Accies.

I expect there to be a couple new signings for Livi in the next day or two, no need to rush them as they are free agents.

Forgive me, but aren't Livi a financial shambles?

Forgive me, but aren't Livi a financial shambles?

Not as much as you would think, i did ask the same but we have the lowest wage budget of all full time teams and are pretty equal with the part time teams so our wage structure is pretty low, I say exceptional. Our highest earners Mensing and Robertson both leaving helps. His wage was in line with what they where on but he was offered extras including a flat rent free and a car. This ofcoarse didn't happen as he signed for Ross county so it's all irrelevant now.

Not as much as you would think, i did ask the same but we have the lowest wage budget of all full time teams and are pretty equal with the part time teams so our wage structure is pretty low, I say exceptional. Our highest earners Mensing and Robertson both leaving helps. His wage was in line with what they where on but he was offered extras including a flat rent free and a car. This ofcoarse didn't happen as he signed for Ross county so it's all irrelevant now.

Fair enough, De Vita would have been a far better waste of money than Mensing and Robertson.

Fair enough, De Vita would have been a far better waste of money than Mensing and Robertson.

He would have been an excellent signing and is a real fans favourite, would've made a real difference and something of a coup to get him but sadly it didn't happen.

Archived