P&B's Top 40 Films of the 90s

Ludo*1

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last one for today:

=37 Sleepers

large_80LV2GvhvMEuOutxgQwbRYpo0Vv.jpg

Another emotional drama and a true story to boot. One of my favourite films and it is simply one of the best films ever made in my book. So rich and detailed, with a group of boys that you essentially get to grow up with throughout the film. Barbaric at times, funny and sad at others.

Points Received: 13.

36. The Truman Show.

MV5BMTM4NjY2MTEzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk2

'In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night.'

A movie that is now analysed by film students. Rich with ideas, this quirky film has humour and sadness laced throughout. Perhaps Carrey's first real step-away from an immature character and into a real good piece of storytelling.

Points Received: 14.

I think Carey shows he does have a lot of acting talent in this movie, many thought he'd go on to make the transition from comedy to some serious oscar style performances like Tom Hanks did, just hasn't happened for him though, made some real duds over the years,

35. Groundhog Day

Groundhog_Day_(movie_poster).jpg

Classic comedy that I actually thought was made in the 80s until starting this list. First out and out comedy we've seen in the list, will there be more to come?

Points Received: 15.

=33. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

Austin_Powers_International_Man_of_Myste

It's hard not to like Austin Powers, but is it deserving of a place in the top 40? I'm not so sure. P&B obviously thinks so though as it eases into the list.

Who can forget the opening segments which have become synonymous with the franchise?

Easy watching and great fun!

Points Received: 17.

Archived