P&B's Top 40 Films of the 90s

Ludo*1

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

=33. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

FandlinLV.jpg

Never seen it and know nothing about it other than it's a bit of a cult classic. Deserved placing?

Points Received: 17.

I had it second.

How Del Toro didn't get an oscar nod for this is criminal. In fact he was panned by critics and considered giving up acting.

I love every second of it.

32. Boogie Nights.

Boogie_nights_ver1.jpg

Has Paul Thomas Anderson made a bad film? His latest film, Inherent Vice sounds as if it could have the makings of being a big style flop, but that could turn into a cult hit. This sexual epic sails into the list and it's certainly a good film, not my favourite from PTA, but certainly one of his best.

Points Received: 18

I thought Fear & Loathing was a bit rubbish. The book is much better IMO, although reading the book it does come across as - to use the cliche - "unfilmable".

Austin Powers is good fun but it shouldn't be placing higher than Groundhog Day.

Boogie Nights is PTA's best 90s film (Hard Eight is second, with Magnolia third). Surprised it didn't make the top 30.

=30. American History X

american_history_x_by_annika_86-d3f0yfg.

Brilliant and brutal film in the last tie of the list. Who can forget the infamous kerb stomp scene? A film that doesn't hold back from the start until the finish. Sorry for the large image on this one.

Points Received: 19.

Archived