Aberdeen vs St Johnstone (New Years Day)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be what it will be. I hope we win. We can win.

Equally we could get a gubbing.

Aberdeen fans over confidence is funny though. Never forget Ibrox in April.

Hopefully the go 1-0 up early on and start the "ole" chants. That was funny.

I am always slightly pessimistic in matches against Aberdeen because it's the one team that will never underestimate us,

if you've listed to the SC semi final post match interview McInnes comes across as massive Saints fan boy, which was quite sweet. I'd happily take a draw right now also I wouldn't be playing MacLean I'd save him for Hamilton.

If you really believe this stuff then surely Saints beating Celtic on the last day would be for Saints to win the league ! No more or less likely than Aberdeen who we've already beaten winning it.

I'll support anyone in this league that is challenging Celtic at the top. Even Dundee. It's been over 30 years since someone else won it. That's absolutely tragic.

Ideal situation: Saints vs Celtic on the last day of the season. McDiarmid is packed with Celtic fans. Saints beat Celtic allowing Aberdeen to win the league. As Celtic tears flood McDiarmid I'm on my way to Perth station, Saints top on, to catch a train to Aberdeen to join in the perty.

Aberdeen would probably be the worst non OF team to win the league, they'd be insufferable. A close second would be Dundee Utd. The "famous" patter would be horrific.

Fortunately no chance of it happening, but just the thought of it, eugh.

Aberdeen would probably be the worst non OF team to win the league, they'd be insufferable. A close second would be Dundee Utd. The "famous" patter would be horrific.

Fortunately no chance of it happening, but just the thought of it, eugh.

Get a grip. You lot won't your first major trophy ever and you haven't stopped banging on about it since. The fans of every team are insufferable when they win something.

I would be happy with anyone winning the title ahead of Celtic.

Get a grip. You lot won't your first major trophy ever and you haven't stopped banging on about it since. The fans of every team are insufferable when they win something.

*won*

Far too early to even think about challenging for the title.

Really don't understand the mentality of non old firm fans that want them to win the league. I would be absolutely over the moon if anyone else won the title.

Far too early to even think about challenging for the title.

Really don't understand the mentality of non old firm fans that want them to win the league. I would be absolutely over the moon if anyone else won the title.

Agree with this. Celtic are obviously going to win the league, but if it was the last day of the season and a non-OF team needed to beat us to win the league I wouldn't care one bit if we lost.

No I can assure you that you are worse.

Perhaps if you were the Scottish Cup holders you would be a little less angry :(

DM will have the players focused for this one especially having not put in a great display against ICT on Sunday. St Johnstone are like ourselves in that they started the season slowly and had it not been for injuries they could have accumulated a few more points already this season. I expect them to be pushing for top 4 and don't see why they can't challenge for second place this year. Halloran? Is a very good player and wouldn't mind him playing for us. Tough one to call - massive game and one we need to win to help show our intend this year. Hoping for a bumper crowd.

Watched saints v United on alba and wasn't that impressed with them, United could have been 2 or 3 up by time they equalised.

We didn't play well at Inverness either right enough.

It'll be a tight game. Goal either way.

1-0 Dons.

amazing how often I read opposition fans saying "wasn't impressed with saints". Then when we turn them over and all I read Is about refereeing decisions etc. I think it time saints got a little bit more praise / acknowledgement for their performances. Over the past 3 and a half years they have been one of the most consistent teams in the league. I think our performance in SC semi and at mcdiarmid park this season shows what we are capable of. I agree with your assessment of being a tight game. Here is hoping your manager adopts the same philosophy after watching edited highlights of our win over United.

Archived