We're Having a Vegan For Tea.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll come out of the closet, if you wasn't already aware. Crushing & poisoning animals is not clearly ok in my book BUT I'd rather they had at least had some freedom prior to their death rather than having been born in to captivity just to be killed so you could have your bacon butty or lamb chop, which you don't actually need to survive.

It's a Big V from Grim.

Define captivity, clearly it includes caged animals, but what about free range?

Define captivity, clearly it includes caged animals, but what about free range?

show me "free range". I'm not really in to the "mines bigger than yous" arguments, we both are capable of using google (other search engines are available) to "prove" our points, but it'll be pointless, you well not get me to eat meat nor I will get you to stop eating it.

You've got your beliefs & I've got mine. Let's not split hares. (joke - before the ALF hunt me down).

Grimbo.

show me "free range". I'm not really in to the "mines bigger than yous" arguments, we both are capable of using google (other search engines are available) to "prove" our points, but it'll be pointless, you well not get me to eat meat nor I will get you to stop eating it.

You've got your beliefs & I've got mine. Let's not split hares. (joke - before the ALF hunt me down).

Grimbo.

Leveret alone.

Grimbo.

Well thats what i wonder, if its lack of freedom is your issue then at what point do you consider an animal free?

I'm fully aware that nobody is likely to have their minds changed here(its the internet afterall), but that doesn't stop a little debate, i'm sure we can keep it civil.

you c**t :D

Well thats what i wonder, if its lack of freedom is your issue then at what point do you consider an animal free?

I'm fully aware that nobody is likely to have their minds changed here(its the internet afterall), but that doesn't stop a little debate, i'm sure we can keep it civil.

you c**t :D

It's not a lack of freedom, I just don't believe we need to breed animals just to eat them. Check out my avatar, that's my dog Buster, I'm an animal lover & would not intentionally want to hurt any animal.

you wet lettuce

Grimbo

You do realise that the animals that are bred for your table aren't actually just running about wild?

Grimbo

Yes. And they never will be even if everyone on earth stopped eating meat.

It's not a lack of freedom, I just don't believe we need to breed animals just to eat them. Check out my avatar, that's my dog Buster, I'm an animal lover & would not intentionally want to hurt any animal.

you wet lettuce

Grimbo

I'm guessing you feed your dog meat.

Right that's my nut roast ready, I'm not running away nor ignoring yous.

I'm off to have tea party like it's 1999 & maybe some sprouts.

Happy new year to all of the nice people & hope all yous mean animal digesters don't get chronic heart disease because of your evil ways.

Love you all, let's share some celery & horseradish dip in the new year.

love & peas

Grimbo

Has anyone ever tried tongue? What's it like?

Aye. Pressed tongue may still be popular - I've no idea. But when I lived in France I was served unpressed tongue which still had the rough outer layer. It was absolutely bowfin but I was absolutely hungry so ate a fair bit before giving it a bye. I also had the misfortune to sample boiled brain (with no sauce) as part of a school dinner menu. There is something evil about the French.

I've eaten with vegan friends and enjoyed the meal. Wouldn't have an issue catering for them. Why invite someone if you don't want to respect their eating preference? I wouldn't serve up stuff that folk with faith beliefs objected to and I wouldn't wantonly serve something I knew a guest wouldn't like. Doesn't matter whether they're gay, vegan or Australian.

My wife got into campaigning to save the dolphins just recently. So she said to me she wanted to eat veggie gear. I said aye nae bother but don't expect me to be doing it. So I said what kind of stuff you going to eat and the reply was salad and stuff. Aye nae bother.

Got a bit curious and started searching on net for recipes for her. Started making loads of different stuff such as red dragon pie which is top notch, chilli veg with lentils and all sorts of different beans and loads of other stuff. So I joined in on this and done it it for a couple of weeks then thought time for a pie. Ate a scotch pie and thought fair enough but not as tasty as some o the veggie stuff. So back on the veggie gear for another month.

Still have craving for steak pie and haggis with a fried egg kind o thing but have not really bothered about it.

What I will say is that I have a lot more energy and don't feel sluggish anymore. No more constipation and going for a crap is easy. No bo or sweating. Do an odd run now and again and done my fastest mile.

There is a lot of interesting stuff kicking about on the internet if you search for it..going to keep on going with this for the time being.

My wife got into campaigning to save the dolphins just recently. So she said to me she wanted to eat veggie gear. I said aye nae bother but don't expect me to be doing it. So I said what kind of stuff you going to eat and the reply was salad and stuff. Aye nae bother.

Got a bit curious and started searching on net for recipes for her. Started making loads of different stuff such as red dragon pie which is top notch, chilli veg with lentils and all sorts of different beans and loads of other stuff. So I joined in on this and done it it for a couple of weeks then thought time for a pie. Ate a scotch pie and thought fair enough but not as tasty as some o the veggie stuff. So back on the veggie gear for another month.

Still have craving for steak pie and haggis with a fried egg kind o thing but have not really bothered about it.

What I will say is that I have a lot more energy and don't feel sluggish anymore. No more constipation and going for a crap is easy. No bo or sweating. Do an odd run now and again and done my fastest mile.

There is a lot of interesting stuff kicking about on the internet if you search for it..going to keep on going with this for the time being.

Ol' wind gettin' up?

Archived