Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

Feminist media made me laugh but the lad banana really went for it by claiming radical feminists were opposed to any penetrative sex.

Only in angry men's heads banana. No wonder you're so scared of women, as you clearly struggle to get your hole as it is!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me I hate the Daily Mail personally after the referendum. Someone on here mentioned it and I had a nosey and I actually thought it was a very good read, surprisingly. Shock horror Oldham have pulled out.

I genuinely don't think Evans will be able to work again in this country.

He'll be able to work no bother. He'll just struggle to get a gig in football. #prayforched

No, I'm not a hysterical rage merchant and so I don't 'hate' anyone.

'Don't rape' is an obvious preventative non-action, so it's meaningless when the question is about post-rape post-prison. When you mean 'low-key', do you mean something like a plumber?

I don't know why you wouldn't hate someone that has inflicted bodily and mental harm upon a woman, or anyone for that matter. It's just twisted behaviour on their part.

By 'low key', I probably mean an after-hours janitor which also serves as almost solitary confinement. Unlike what the Telegraph article I just read stated, I don't have a problem with him being out on licence etc, especially if he's no longer considered a threat. I'm just uncomfortable with the idea that this convicted rapist is being welcomed with open arms at apparent community clubs such Oldham Athletic. That doesn't sit well with me.

ETA: They've rejected him now, pleasing.

ETAx2: He could work as a plumber if he wanted, I just wouldn't hire him. I have a harsher moral stance than some though.

I don't know why you wouldn't hate someone that has inflicted bodily and mental harm upon a woman, or anyone for that matter. It's just twisted behaviour on their part.

By 'low key', I probably mean an after-hours janitor which also serves as almost solitary confinement. Unlike what the Telegraph article I just read stated, I don't have a problem with him being out on licence etc, especially if he's no longer considered a threat. I'm just uncomfortable with the idea that this convicted rapist is being welcomed with open arms at apparent community clubs such Oldham Athletic. That doesn't sit well with me.

A janitor??!?!? You fucking kidding me? :lol: Mums all over the country have just become aware of Evans as it's been made one of the biggest stories, imagine he rocked up to somebody's school?!?! :lol:

Where exactly?!? Social media these days means that wherever he goes everybody will know and the mob will follow.

I don't think I've seen anyone say he shouldn't be able to work - although I'm not on twitter or fb where there are plenty of lone numpties.

There will not be anywhere near the campaign against him getting a job as there is currently. He might want to wait till it all dies down a but, but he'll definitely be able to get a job somewhere.

Regarding the women in my life - don't be such a fucking idiot. As it happens my missus thinks the complainant should have taken responsibility for her own actions and when I asked if she would have reported them for rape, guess what she said? That's right. How much of a fanny do you feel now?

I don't feel like a fanny in the slightest. You've obviosuly had some experience in the past that's blinding you now and making you question every victim in rape cases. Evans has ruined her life by turning up randomly to a hotel and raping her and then allowing a horrible campaign against her to go on.

A janitor??!?!? You fucking kidding me? :lol: Mums all over the country have just become aware of Evans as it's been made one of the biggest stories, imagine he rocked up to somebody's school?!?! :lol:

After hours, and he's no longer considered a threat anyway. Or maybe an after hours cleaner somewhere. As I said, he could work as a plumber or whatnot if he so wished, I just wouldn't go after his services. I'm sure some would have no problem with a convicted rapist checking their pipes (fnarrr), but some genuinely won't and he could restart his now humble career from there.

You do understand that janitors aren't exclusove to schools, right?

After hours, and he's no longer considered a threat anyway. Or maybe an after hours cleaner somewhere. As I said, he could work as a plumber or whatnot if he so wished, I just wouldn't go after his services. I'm sure some would have no problem with a convicted rapist checking their pipes (fnarrr), but some genuinely won't and he could restart his now humble career from there.

For most jobs the fact that he's a rapist will not need to be shared, so you probably wouldn't know.

The girl has had to change her name 5 times, so that might be in order for him too.

Natalie Pirks ‏@Natpirks

disgusting re Evans. 1 board member was told the address of where his daughter works, and was told she'd be raped if the club proceeds.

--

The irony of that is astonishing.

I'd like to see the legitimacy of this claim. But I suppose the level to which morons will go should never surprise.

So you would defend a child killer right to work in the entertainment industry after serving his sentence?

If I had a young daughter who was interested in playing football at any level, I wouldn't want to send her to Oldham as they're sending out the wrong messages by hiring a rapist out on license.

Oldham claim to be a community club, a family club.

It's unbelievable some here cannot see the problem with this.

but if a child killer can resume their careers (at clubs with kids no less) with barely a dent in the news, im struggling to see the moral outrage that has followed evans and only evans

We cant just say "evans your a rapist, your not going back to football because there's females present/your a bad role model/is morally wrong" while saying to mccormick "aye come on then son, resume your career, who gives a f**k that you got hammered at a wedding, knowingly got into your car to drive home, and killed two weans"

And where do you draw a line, say a footballer beats the shit out of another guy in a pub, why should he be allowed to play on given he's clearly a potential danger, or its morally wrong because it sends out the wrong signal to young kids

Trust me I hate the Daily Mail personally after the referendum. Someone on here mentioned it and I had a nosey and I actually thought it was a very good read, surprisingly. Shock horror Oldham have pulled out.

I genuinely don't think Evans will be able to work again in this country.

The Daily Mail was a racist piece of shit long before the referendum. It focuses solely on being permanently offended and whataboutery. Even on the link you provided there was more focus on Madeline McCann trolls than Evans himself.

Evans will probably sit tight until he's allowed to work abroad and sell his soul to tabloid moron bait like the one mentioned above or the Star.

He'll end up in the fucking Thai or Indian league or something.

Natalie Pirks ‏@Natpirks

disgusting re Evans. 1 board member was told the address of where his daughter works, and was told she'd be raped if the club proceeds.

--

The irony of that is astonishing.

Akin to wishing death on people who joke about fatal tragedies.

If I were an Oldham fan, I'd be chuffed at the most recent decision made. It'd be hard for them to brush off the stigma of 'the club that signed that rapist' after all the attention that it got. They'd lose a lot of respect from other football fans and they'd no doubt lose support from within.

I still don't think Ched Evans should morally have the privileged life of a footballer again. I also reckon it's an extremely brave move to make anyway, considering the 'attention' that he'd get, not that I'd condone any of it.

You do understand that janitors aren't exclusove to schools, right?

Well wherever, wherever he rocks up to next will be highlighted and people will call out for him to be sacked and boycott companies and pish like that. I work for the council, just imagining the outrage over the Facebooks in Dundee if the council were to employ him as a janitor or whatever. The guys fucked. The public have seen to that.

Well wherever, wherever he rocks up to next will be highlighted and people will call out for him to be sacked and boycott companies and pish like that. I work for the council, just imagining the outrage over the Facebooks in Dundee if the council were to employ him as a janitor or whatever. The guys fucked. The public* have seen to that.

*A number of well enough informed but opportunistic arse-pieces haven't helped. Ed Miliband prime example.

Interesting that when the crucial question of "so he can't be a footballer, then what can he do?" it's typically met with "er, um, Janitor? Ok no not a Janitor, lollypop lady? Wait erm let me think......"

I don't think that everyone who thinks Ched shouldn't play again are complete tools and or fruit loops, but a lot of you are. And when I hear a cogent argument as to what he can/can't do, what the mechanism (beyond threatening any potential employers (sponsors included)) is for stopping him from playing, I'll let you know. So far, most resemble the noise you get when you piss into a bag of angry cats.

As I've said elsewhere, I don't want clubs not to employ Evans merely because of his rape conviction - it's entirely possible I wouldn't have seen an issue with that, just as I had no problem when Oldham employed Lee Hughes. It's because of his behaviour in the here and now, and the ongoing persecution of the woman involved, in which Evans remains at the very least passively complicit.

It's a rotten state of affairs if Oldham staff have indeed received rape threats against their own families though. If the about-turn has become about because of pressure from sponsors (and, in turn, pressure on sponsors from their customers) then that's fine, but if it's true there have been further threats of rape and violence that's really fucked up.

I don't feel like a fanny in the slightest. You've obviosuly had some experience in the past that's blinding you now and making you question every victim in rape cases. Evans has ruined her life by turning up randomly to a hotel and raping her and then allowing a horrible campaign against her to go on.

"Every victim in rape cases" :1eye.

This is one solitary, specific case that is being discussed here, and always has been.

The emotive "turning up and raping her" language you are using is blinding yourself. This case has highlighted that there are differing definitions of the word. According to the reports, he turned up and had consensual sex with her. She wasn't forced to do anything. It wasn't against her will. He asked if he could join in and she said yes.

I'd still like anyone to tell me how he was supposed to determine that she was going to change her mind the following day.

Archived