Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a privilege to be headhunted and employed at a skill you excel at?

No, but it's a privilege to be allowed back into that profession after being found guilty of rape.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was there not a high profile case in Belgium a few year where a professional football who was convicted of rape not called up to the national side?

Can't remember the details exact, but some clubs may view that as the precedent.

He should've shied away from the game while appealing I believe, if sponsors are threatening to quit, what's to stop a player leaving based on a refusal to play alongside him.

Imboye I think his name is, plays for genk. If I remember right he was jailed as part of a gang rape of an 11/12 year old girl. I'm sure it was John Collins who signed him once he came out of jail. West Ham tried to sign him and Karen Brady went on a huge rant about it sending out all of the wrong messages.

Luke McCormick

Lee Hughes was also jailed for causing death by dangerous driving iirc, he resumed his career with barely any condemnation either,

That isn't entirely true

Luke McCormick

Lee Hughes was also jailed for causing death by dangerous driving iirc, he resumed his career with barely any condemnation either,

I remember it all happening, drunk driving the day after a wedding totally gassed and going at silly miles per hour and got the jail and is now back playing. I don't recall any outrage when he went back to playing

I'm sure there aren't many kids in the playgrounds of Greater Manchester pretending to be Dominic Poleon or Jonathon Forte when they score a goal. The likely hood is that they'll be pretending to be Ronaldo or Neymar. That won't change if Evans signs.

I can safely say nobody I have ever met used to run around pretending to be Neil Harris or Nathan Blake when they were 9 or 10.

What a bizarre thing to say. Are you honestly trying to argue that you've NEVER seen a wee boy/girl with a slightly lower profile person's name on the back of their jersey?

What a bizarre thing to say. Are you honestly trying to argue that you've NEVER seen a wee boy/girl with a slightly lower profile person's name on the back of their jersey?

If he writes of Oldham then with it goes a shit load of Scottish clubs.

There was outrage when both Hughes and McCormick got back into the game although not the same blanket trying to prevent it. More condemnation they were getting on with their lives when their victims were dead.

Marlon King did time inside for a sexual offence and got back into the game with not much outrage either.

Personally it sounds like racism against the welsh.

Imboye I think his name is, plays for genk. If I remember right he was jailed as part of a gang rape of an 11/12 year old girl. I'm sure it was John Collins who signed him once he came out of jail. West Ham tried to sign him and Karen Brady went on a huge rant about it sending out all of the wrong messages.

Your tone here gives the game away: 'karen Brady went on a huge rant...'. The cheek of some folk eh? Paedophile gang rapists have every right to come out and earn a decent wage. What other job could he possibly do?

Wasn't sure it had been posted, i never read it

Or wrote it

Glad you never wrote it throbs, it's been discussed before though.

It's funded by Daddy the Jeweller, has been rightly ridiculed for being laughably myopic and is now under investigation from the attorney general.

My point was more that people seem to be, not necessarily on here, suggesting that all professional footballers are role models to the masses - Which is Certainly not the case.

Oldham get about the same level of support as Falkirk. Give or take. you surely wouldn't suggest Rory Loy is a role model to kids around the country?

My point was more that people seem to be, not necessarily on here, suggesting that all professional footballers are role models to the masses - Which is Certainly not the case.

Oldham get about the same level of support as Falkirk. Give or take. you surely wouldn't suggest Rory Loy is a role model to kids around the country?

Obviously not around the country, but in the local community. Without a doubt there will be Oldham players idolised by young boys and girls within the area. It will be the same throughout the country; players idolised by local kids.

I don't think I do to be honest. He's worked hard to get where he is. In what way is it a privilege? It's a great, although short, career. At what level do you 'draw the line' over someone with a criminal conviction taking up their career again?

Its the sheer number of lads that want to be a professional footballer and the fact that only a select few actually make it. I'm not saying he's not worked hard but thousands of talented young footballers would give anything to have his job. It is a dream job - and for me that makes it a privileged position.

And are you asking about the footballing level that I'd draw the line at? Or the criminal level? Both these things are very much up for debate. For me I don't think a convicted rapist should be able to make a living from the game.

Its the sheer number of lads that want to be a professional footballer and the fact that only a select few actually make it. I'm not saying he's not worked hard but thousands of talented young footballers would give anything to have his job. It is a dream job - and for me that makes it a privileged position.

I really can't bothered by the should he play debate anymore, but surely there can't be many talented players willing to give everything to make it as a player, that hasn't actually made it? Those that haven't probably aren't that talented as they'd like to think.

Glad you never wrote it throbs, it's been discussed before though.

It's funded by Daddy the Jeweller, has been rightly ridiculed for being laughably myopic and is now under investigation from the attorney general.

His daddy?

That isn't entirely true

im sure you'll find articles of him having to march himself to every club going, all the sponsors pulling out of these clubs, and other sports personalities wanting to remove their association from whatever club was talking to him

would you say that evans committed a worse crime than either McCormick or Hughes?

Archived