Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

Im sure he probably was a horrible b*****d but 2.5 years in jail can change people for the better. Its not as if he just spent a weekend away that is serious time for anyone

Sorry I must've missed his displays of humility and contrition, along with his attempts to distance himself from the victim blaming being undertaken in his name.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is more than Ched Evans to think about here.The boy is going to get his leg broken, if not worse, Christ it could even happen in training by one of his new team mates. It would have been in his best interest to stay away from the professional game. Imagine the scenario where someone takes him out, if you were the referee would you maybe claim you missed the incident?

This will not end well.

One sponsor isn't happy

http://www.zenoffice.com/cms/viewarticle.aspx?ArticleID=161

ZenOffice have always believed that in order to be a successful business we need to give something back to the community. We have strong background in supporting local, community, family based initiatives in the North West.

ZenOffice have been sponsors of Oldham Athletic Football Club for five years. This partnership has been based on mutual respect as OAFC did share the same values as ZenOffice, based on family and community.

ZenOffice do not agree that the current path OAFC are embarking on espouses these values.

Therefore it is with much regret, that ZenOffice would like to confirm that we will end our association with Oldham Athletic Football Club if the move goes ahead to sign Ched Evans.

ZenOffice%20Stand%20Aerial%202.jpg

It obviously isn't in this sponsors best interest to get as much publicity out of this as possible and they care more about the victim in this sorry episode rather than how many headlines and column inches they can grab :rolleyes: .

This is a bit of a clusterfuck though.

Had anyone heard of these diddy sponsors pulling out before hand? Yet now we have. Call me suspicous but their marketing managers seem to be playing this up as an advantage

As for Ched. If he gangrapes the Oldham woman's team or u10's you can tell people you told us so but really time to let him move on.

Whether he was guilty or not what is clear to me is that this was at the lesser end of sexual offences even if guilty. Maybe the media could stick to dealing with rapists who kidnap children or beat eldery woman and ensuring they never work again.

Had anyone heard of these diddy sponsors pulling out before hand? Yet now we have. Call me suspicous but their marketing managers seem to be playing this up as an advantage

As for Ched. If he gangrapes the Oldham woman's team or u10's you can tell people you told us so but really time to let him move on.

Whether he was guilty or not what is clear to me is that this was at the lesser end of sexual offences even if guilty. Maybe the media could stick to dealing with rapists who kidnap children or beat eldery woman and ensuring they never work again.

I think Evans is a disgusting human being but if he manages to gangrape an entire football team all by himself I won't be able to do anything but doff my cap to the guy.

Not sure if serious

Not sure if serious

I'm serious in that the details of Ched Evan's rape is far less serious than say breaking into pensioners houses in the dark of night to rape them, or kidnapping children off the street to commit sex offences against them.

Yes some will say rape is rape however I just can't help but think the media and public are far more likely to turn Ched into a monster here than he ever was.

What's the guy meant to do for the remaining 60 years of his life? Never work?

Also worth noting I don't recall the same level of outcry about Marlon King and he had multiple offences to his name.

Wait, you think it's entirely acceptable for a rapist out on license to be allowed to work in the entertainment industry?

im sure you can find my posts stating that, if not just answer my question

what industry should evans be allowed to work in, or more to the point, what industry has to put up with a convicted rapist while others dont?

There is more than Ched Evans to think about here.The boy is going to get his leg broken, if not worse, Christ it could even happen in training by one of his new team mates. It would have been in his best interest to stay away from the professional game. Imagine the scenario where someone takes him out, if you were the referee would you maybe claim you missed the incident?

This will not end well.

if one of his teammates could break his leg, whats to stop someone doing him in with a hammer on a building site, or doing him in anywhere else

nobody has yet been able to answer the question as to how a football player can go back to work if he's not allowed in football

why should other industries have to put up with him, especially female workers of other industries, when football doesnt

im sure you can find my posts stating that, if not just answer my question

what industry should evans be allowed to work in, or more to the point, what industry has to put up with a convicted rapist while others dont?

Any job where he isn't in a position of influence over vulnerable people, or in the public spotlight as a role model.

This really isn't that hard, and the vast, vast majority of jobs would still be open to him.

Whether he was guilty or not? Seriously?

if one of his teammates could break his leg, whats to stop someone doing him in with a hammer on a building site, or doing him in anywhere else

nobody has yet been able to answer the question as to how a football player can go back to work if he's not allowed in football

why should other industries have to put up with him, especially female workers of other industries, when football doesnt

It's got nothing to do with him coming into contact with women. If he was deemed a risk he'd still be in jail.

Whether he was guilty or not? Seriously?

Yes given he has denied the offence and a criminal review is under way I am happy to suggest he could or could not be guilty.

I actually think it will be overturned.

Yes given he has denied the offence and a criminal review is under way I am happy to suggest he could or could not be guilty.

I actually think it will be overturned.

So innocent until proven guilty, and then proved guilty again?

So innocent until proven guilty, and then proved guilty again?

Let's be honest here. If this was a sober woman and a drunk guy with roles reversed this would never have got beyond the interview room at the police station.

To be honest I wouldn't care if a brickie or joiner broke his leg with a hammer. What I do not want to see is another professional footballer being put in the position of having the stigma (or honour) of ending someone else's career who shouldn't even be on the same pitch as him in the first place.

Archived