Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

The fact that so few rapes end with convictions tell us that there must have been enough evidence in this case

It tells us nothing of the sort.

...enough for a jury anyway.

I'll give you that.

Interesting article on the BBC about the fact that Evans (and indeed a lot of folk) not fully understanding what rape is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-30696663

This is tragic, bottom of the barrel stuff now. You're offering the opinion of the anonymous starter of the online petition against Evans signing for Oldham as a credible source for understanding rape, and by extension the Evans case. Truly appalling, even by your standards.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't give her a breathalyser or blood test to ascertain her levels of drunkeness prior to his sexual act. He's also guilty of not having the pyschic ability to know that she would change her mind the next morning.

She changed her mind did she? Surprised that didn't come up in court tbh.

I also see that horrible website where a lot of people seem to have gleamed their 'facts' about the case is now under investigation.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30698382

She changed her mind did she? Surprised that didn't come up in court tbh.

I also see that horrible website where a lot of people seem to have gleamed their 'facts' about the case is now under investigation.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30698382

Well according to the evidence given, she consented at the time then got them charged with rape.

If that isn't changing your mind then I don't know what is.

Well according to the evidence given, she consented at the time then got them charged with rape.

If that isn't changing your mind then I don't know what is.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here DM, but you're not helping with your apparent hostility to the victim.

I'm pretty sure that's at best a quite simplistic reading of the evidence, if not outright nonsense. How do you know consent was established with Evans and if the victim was in a fit state to do so?

She didn't get anyone charged, that was a decision for the police and the English equivalent of the PF.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here DM, but you're not helping with your apparent hostility to the victim.

I'm pretty sure that's at best a quite simplistic reading of the evidence, if not outright nonsense. How do you know consent was established with Evans and if the victim was in a fit state to do so?

She didn't get anyone charged, that was a decision for the police and the English equivalent of the PF.

I'm not helping what?

Like anyone else, I can only go on what I've read in the evidence and reports. I don't know she gave consent, the exact same as you don't know she didn't.

What's the bit about the police got them charged? It was her that raised the complaint.

Of course not, that's why we have a jury system in place, and for the moment I'll accept the decision of that jury over rumour, innuendos and a victim blaming website that is under investigation. He's entitled to pursue all avenues appeal but imo shouldn't have resumed him playing career until they were settled or his full sentence had been served and he was no longer on licence.

She didn't "cry rape" though as some people seem to believe. Yes she contacted the police saying she thought he drink had been spiked, but they decided to pursue the complaint as they saw fit and where the evidence led them.

Heard on the radio this morning that Evans girlfriends dad (some jewellery business guy) will reimburse Oldham of any money's they lose from sponsorships pulling out if they sign him. Pretty strange situation.

Also Daily Mail saying they will unveil him tomorrow, I'm totally on the fence over it, not really bothered either way tbh, can see both sides of the argument.

Good on Oldham for not bowing to ridiculous peer pressure.

I hope he does well for them.

On a side note, Ed Milliband jumping on the band wagon for a few votes is sickening. I hope he gets cuffed in the GE.

Heard on the radio this morning that Evans girlfriends dad (some jewellery business guy) will reimburse Oldham of any money's they lose from sponsorships pulling out if they sign him. Pretty strange situation.

Why doesn't her dad just pay Evans to kick a ball around his back garden?

Good on Oldham for not bowing to ridiculous peer pressure.

I hope he does well for them.

On a side note, Ed Milliband jumping on the band wagon for a few votes is sickening. I hope he gets cuffed in the GE.

I can kind of understand the mentality of people thinking he should be allowed to keep playing, but why would you "hope he does well for them"?

I haven't really been following it too much, but I was having a look on the BBC website there and it's got a quote by the judge who passed sentencing:

CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend. As the jury have found, she was in no condition to have sexual intercourse

Can someone who's been following it a bit more than me explain how Evans's mate was acquitted of rape, if that's the case?

I'm not defending what he did. From the evidence it certainly looks like he did it but he's served his time and now he's being unfairly targeted by the media who are only interested in a witch-hunt to create a story.

He's made himself right with the law and he should be allowed to get back on with his life, and I'd like to see Oldham benefit from their decision to allow him to do that.

I'm not defending what he did. From the evidence it certainly looks like he did it but he's served his time and now he's being unfairly targeted by the media who are only interested in a witch-hunt to create a story.

He's made himself right with the law and he should be allowed to get back on with his life, and I'd like to see Oldham benefit from their decision to allow him to do that.

He hasn't served his time, he's out on license.

Looking forward to the first moronic statement to come from a pundit at some point. "If he scores the goals that fire Oldham into the Championship then no-one will care", or something along those lines.

Oldham have nothing to gain from this. They are mad.

He's been released. That should be the end of it.

Do people want him to be released from prison then not be allowed to work? Will that happen to all ex-cons or just the ones the famous ones?

Mob rule types aren't for listening to a civilised justice system though.

Thankfully people are beginning to see it for what it is.

That Oldham are on the verge of signing a rapist out on license?

That's what it is, and you can't see why people don't agree with it?

Archived