Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id disagree, obviously on the pitch, but off it, You'll have women in all positions throughout the club.

Not to mention they're trying to make football a more family oriented sport.

Could you imagine showing up to a in store signing with your daughter and its Ched Evans sitting behind the desk.

f**k that

Any profession is going to have at least a few females working in it. Are you seriously suggesting he finds a job where it is 100% male employees? What kind of job do you suggest?

What do you think would happen if you turned up for a signing with your daughter and it was Evans there? If anything it might be an opportunity for you to tell your daughter to not go back to hotel rooms for sex with strangers and for you to teach your children not to use a footballer or anyone else who just happens to be in the public eye by virtue of their sporting ability as a suitable example of how to live their lives.

Tosh McKinlay was my favourite player when I was a kid; I'm no child psychologist but I reckon I can safely say if he had been charged with rape back in the day then that wouldn't have led to me going on to commit a string of sex offences.

Any profession is going to have at least a few females working in it. Are you seriously suggesting he finds a job where it is 100% male employees? What kind of job do you suggest?

What do you think would happen if you turned up for a signing with your daughter and it was Evans there? If anything it might be an opportunity for you to tell your daughter to not go back to hotel rooms for sex with strangers and for you to teach your children not to use a footballer or anyone else who just happens to be in the public eye by virtue of their sporting ability as a suitable example of how to live their lives.

Tosh McKinlay was my favourite player when I was a kid; I'm no child psychologist but I reckon I can safely say if he had been charged with rape back in the day then that wouldn't have led to me going on to commit a string of sex offences.

A classic example of blaming women for being raped. That's just not cool Dee Man, not cool at all.

Just to be clear, I'm :

gullible and/or ignorant,

anti-male,

a misandrist,

a mangina,

and a bigot.

Anything else?

Low-quality response. Fixed a bit for you too.

There may be things to add, it depends on what you write and the quality of the argument. However, I trust that in time your self-enlightenment will allow us to shorten the list considerably.

Good luck!

A classic example of blaming women for being raped. That's just not cool Dee Man, not cool at all.

Interesting that you don't think a woman should be allowed to make her own choices regarding what she drinks, how she behaves, who she chooses to have sex with, and should be absolved of all responsibility of her choices. It's like you're referring to a 3 year old child. What years is this?

There's a case for adding 'misogynist' to that list of yours.

I wouldn't say that there's every chance of being convicted at all, actually - the conviction rate in rape cases is notoriously low. Indeed, Donaldson was cleared of the same charge despite rocking up at a hotel to have sex with the complainant, with a presumed degree of consent that seems only slightly more apparent than in the case of Evans. Establishing whether consent was actually given in such cases is far less straightforward than you present, which partly explains the low conviction rate.

The two page piece in The Sunday Times yesterday sets out the general events rather well, and while I think it's clear that Evans is a scumbag, there doesn't seem to be a decisive piece of evidence in favour of the jury's decision IMO.

Yeah, its hard to get a conviction in these cases, but it does happen. Again its up to a person to decide if someone is unable to consent, that's what I was meaning with my earlier post, in that Evans made the decision to have sex with her, I'm guessing before even meeting her, and didn't change his mind after seeing she was drunk. I'd imagine the fact she seemed willing to go to the hotel with the other guy, and they seemed to know each other a bit more befohaving sex is why he wasnt convicted. Of course its hard to know how the jury came to their decision. Once its made though, it stands. We'll see what happens with the appeal.

The whole taking advantage side of it is the law, I thought that's why they brought in the unable to consent aspect of it.

The only thing I'm blaming the woman for in this instance is giving her consent and then retrospectively retracting it. I'd say that is massively uncool.

The only thing I'm blaming the woman for in this instance is giving her consent and then retrospectively retracting it. I'd say that is massively uncool.

But once she retracts it - surely that's the matter closed.

Or are men allowed to plough on regardless?

Interesting that you don't think a woman should be allowed to make her own choices regarding what she drinks, how she behaves, who she chooses to have sex with, and should be absolved of all responsibility of her choices. It's like you're referring to a 3 year old child. What years is this?

There's a case for adding 'misogynist' to that list of yours.

No, women (and indeed men for that matter) are allowed to make choices.

They just shouldn't be blamed if they are assaulted whilst drunk. Call me a radical but I believe the responsibility for the crime rests entirely with the perpetrator.

They just shouldn't be blamed if they are assaulted whilst drunk. Call me a radical but I believe the responsibility for the crime rests entirely with the perpetrator.

That you see consensual sex after the choice to get drunk, choice to proposition a guy on the street, choice to get in his taxi to go to his place, choice to have sex, choice to have sex with a second guy as 'assault' and 'criminal' for the 'perpetrator' guy, but see the woman as a non-perpetrator, a non-actor, absolved of all responsibility for her choices is telling. Congratulations - disgusting misandry and misogyny rolled into one.

The point with this case is that according to Evans, she gave consent, while she cant remember, so it's not black and white. Evans had a choice to make as to whether she was in any position to give consent, and he thought she was (or didn't even think about that).

But once she retracts it - surely that's the matter closed.

Or are men allowed to plough on regardless?

She retracted her consent after the men had "ploughed through" - after she'd already given it. That's a bit too late for all involved.

The details of the night are clearly disputed by both sides. I'm going on the legal decision that he was found guilty.

If his appeal is successful then he will be able to play again and may even sue for loss of earnings.

It would be very interesting to see if Oldham decide to not back down and do indeed offer him a contract. I don't think that'll happen but we'll soon find out.

The details of the night are clearly disputed by both sides. I'm going on the legal decision that he was found guilty.

If his appeal is successful then he will be able to play again and may even sue for loss of earnings.

It would be very interesting to see if Oldham decide to not back down and do indeed offer him a contract. I don't think that'll happen but we'll soon find out.

Who will he sue?

Pretty much, aye. She claimed she couldn't remember anything, blood alcohol levels etc proved she was a liar.

So on what basis was he sent to jail? She couldn't remember anything but remembers being raped?

Archived