Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

The media campaign against the guy has been nothing short of a disgrace. There hasn't been a single article in the last few weeks or so where he hasn't been called 'Rapist Ched Evans' or 'Convicted rapist Ched Evans'. It's almost like the guy's name has been changed to include rapist, given that no media outlets can possibly type his name without including it.

It's kinda what he's known for these days. Remember this old one?

An old man walks into a pub in, his feet shuffling, his back bent. He drags himself onto a stool and orders a beer. Placing the full glass in front of him, the bartender inquires upon his sad face.

The man answers with a smoky and trembling voice and a Scottish accent:

Ah, tell ya man! This pub, this very pub we're just sitting in. I built it, with ma own hands! But do they call me the Pubmaker? Naw!

See the wall over there, that protects our town? I built it, with ma own hands! But do they call me the Wallmaker?

And the bridge, you know, that crosses our river, I built it, with me own hands! But do they call me the Bridgemaker?

But I tell ya, man! YOU f**k ONE GOAT!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The media campaign against the guy has been nothing short of a disgrace. There hasn't been a single article in the last few weeks or so where he hasn't been called 'Rapist Ched Evans' or 'Convicted rapist Ched Evans'. It's almost like the guy's name has been changed to include rapist, given that no media outlets can possibly type his name without including it.

You're right, they should be making it clear he is only out on license for being convicted as a rapist

BBC news article starts "Convicted rapist Ched Evans...." when you look at their footy bit today

It really is a strange one, you'd think he was a convicted rapist or something.

Not sure what people really want here. Evan's gangraped in revenge, hanged, what?

As much as his crime is a horrible one the guy is in his mid 20's and could live another 60 odd years. IS he not entitled to move on or earn a living?

Or does society treat him in a way he inevitably has to turn to crime to survive.

Time to let the guy build a career for himself.

Oldham now considering pulling out apparently

If only Evans had done the same in that hotel room he would still be at Sheffield Utd

Theres an obvious joke here....

:rolleyes:

Seriously though, 20000 signed a petition not wanting him there his career is fucked sadly

I had a look at Oldham's FB page last night, and it looks like it would be suicidal for them to sign him going by the comments from the fans. They just about wore it when they signed Lee Hughes after he came out the pokey, but it looks like this would be a couple of steps too far.

This is going to be the ongoing issue if he attempts to continue his career anywhere - everyone more or less accepts the concept of rehabilitation and so on, but would you want him playing for your team?

The team he ends up with and their fans are going to get dog's abuse wherever they go from the moment he signs for one...

Time to let the guy build a career for himself.

If fans of a club don't want him representing the team, they have a right to let the owners know.

Keep in mind, he is out on license, it's not as if he's served him sentence in full

Archived