Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

She couldn't remember, so wasn't able to have given consent. Again, it seems a little odd that would be a reason to convict Evans, and not the other guy, but there was a lot more interaction between them before the act. Evans just turned up after receiving a text from his mate saying he 'got a bird'. This implies to me that it has probably happened on more than one occassion, and is part of the reason I am a bit concerned at his lack of ackowledgement of the whole thing. It shows that he hasn't taken on board the abililty to consent aspect of the law, and it could end up happening again.

Still, I am making some assumptions there, but not without reason, you don't just text someone you've got a bird and they come round and get fired in without having some sort of prior arrangement

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She couldn't remember, so wasn't able to have given consent. Again, it seems a little odd that would be a reason to convict Evans, and not the other guy, but there was a lot more interaction between them before the act. Evans just turned up after receiving a text from his mate saying he 'got a bird'. This implies to me that it has probably happened on more than one occassion, and is part of the reason I am a bit concerned at his lack of ackowledgement of the whole thing. It shows that he hasn't taken on board the abililty to consent aspect of the law, and it could end up happening again.

Still, I am making some assumptions there, but not without reason, you don't just text someone you've got a bird and they come round and get fired in without having some sort of prior arrangement

This is the thing. He booked the room beforehand for his pal and AN Other. When AN Other surprisingly didn't turn up, he fired round there after receiving the 'I've got a bird' text. Seems as if there was a bit of prior thought. The lassie was pissed as she was staggering about, but said she would go back to the guys hotel. She had no knowledge that Evans would show up. Depending on how long after they got there and started could mean she was beyond consenting with Evans. Also how could a Doctor say how pissed she was - how does he know how easily she is affacted by booze or how quickly she can sober up in the morning.

So on what basis was he sent to jail? She couldn't remember anything but remembers being raped?

He didn't give her a breathalyser or blood test to ascertain her levels of drunkeness prior to his sexual act. He's also guilty of not having the pyschic ability to know that she would change her mind the next morning.

In other news, Oldham's shirt sponsor have just said they'll stick by the club regardless of their decision to sign him or not.

It certainly is a tricky one, i was under the impression he just pulled her and they went back and the next day she claimed rape. The text saying i got a bird does imply foul play for sure. Im staying out of it!

You're questioning how a doctor can know how pished she was, but are saying that you personally know that she didn't know Evans was going to turn up? :lol: fucking hell. What if the boy has said 'fancy a 3some with my mate?'

I'm pretty sure that would have been mentioned in the court report. Don't think it was, but it was a while ago I read it.

You're questioning how a doctor can know how pished she was, but are saying that you personally know that she didn't know Evans was going to turn up? :lol: fucking hell. What if the boy has said 'fancy a 3some with my mate?'

Don't you think that would have come up in his defence, numb nuts.

Not necessarily, no. What happened to the video of the incident?

I've wondered that myself. According to the evidence there was a couple of guys outside filming it on their phones until the curtains got pulled but I don't remember that being used in the case.

Was there not a suggestion of her drink being spiked?

The fact that so few rapes end with convictions tell us that there must have been enough evidence in this case - enough for a jury anyway.

Interesting article on the BBC about the fact that Evans (and indeed a lot of folk) not fully understanding what rape is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-30696663

Really? I'm pretty certain the toxicologist said that there was 'no way she was anywhere near the level of inebriation to have memory loss' or words to that effect. Or a liar, in short.

Was the test not done too late though?

I'm assuming he'll get a payout from the same folk the lass in the Goodwillie case got £11k from.

.ETA: actually, I'm unsure. That might be a 'victim of crime' charity.

No, she was a victim of a crime of violence...assailant unknown. If his case is reviewed and a different out come is established he won't be compensated for having been on trial or every not guilty would result in a payment. The Ministry of Justice might be liable if it was a miscarriage of justice.

i keep getting Chad Hogan and Ched Evans mixed up.

Whatever happened to Ched's mate?

Last I heard he was playing for Southport in the Conference South and felt the whole saga had a pretty devastating effect on his career.

The woman herself admits to drinking 2 glasses of wine, 4 double vodkas and a sambuca. Enough to get you well on the way but certainly not incapable or comatose.

The woman had cocaine and cannabis in her system but denied taking them

There was no sign of any spiking

Footballers accept she was drunk but not too drunk to consent

Conclusion to me is the girl was drunk but not out of it, probably made a mistake, Evans and Donaldson were a bit scummy and maybe nicer guys wouldn't have.

It happens every weekend in the UK

Unless there was evidence not in the public domain I'm surprised it ended in a conviction and wouldn't be shocked if it was overturned.

Last I heard he was playing for Southport in the Conference South and felt the whole saga had a pretty devastating effect on his career.

From wiki- 'On 21 January (2013), he joined Bristol Rovers on loan until the end of the season, as cover for the injured Garry Kenneth.'

I would say being a back up to Garry Kenneth was more devastating ;)

Archived