Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

Were Evans and McDonald completely sober?

I was under the impression that taking advantage of a drunk girl was rape, but then if you're also drunk yourself and in effect both people are not possible to give consent then there should not be a conviction.

Or does the law treat sex as something that men "do" to women rather than something that two people do together?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only asked a simple question - calm doon. Quite a jump you've made there from me asking a question to suggesting I abuse her online.

Seems to be a pattern tbf where you're more concerned with her behaviour than his.

FWIW I obviously don't think she behaved impeccably, but I also think it's pretty inconsequential at the moment.

Using the excuse that he's a role model is pathetic.

If anyone comes to the conclusion that rape is acceptable because a famous person does it needs urgent psychological help.

If you stop Evans from doing the only job he can, then the same would need to apply to a plumber or a joiner under the same circumstances.

The only job he can? :lol:

Guid wan.

Using the excuse that he's a role model is pathetic.

If anyone comes to the conclusion that rape is acceptable because a famous person does it needs urgent psychological help.

If you stop Evans from doing the only job he can, then the same would need to apply to a plumber or a joiner under the same circumstances.

Most the people you see moaning about it on FB had no previous knowledge of Evans and have no interest in league one football but can't keep sticking their beaks into it

If it was someone who had a very high profile job like someone at Sky tv or Wayne Rooney then you wouldn't want them to waltz back into that job but playing for Sheffield Utd or Oldham is hardly a high flying position to have been in and the only people it will effect are those who follow Oldham and league 1

This news in Paris has come at a good time for Evans

Lots of things. Work in a jewellery shop for example. He could easily find employment in the retail or service sector.

Ffs. What gender do you reckon the vast majority of jewellery shop customers are?

The job and life of a professional footballer (yes, even League One in England) is a privileged one. Ched Evans is a convicted rapist, no matter what your views on the circumstances are, he was convicted of rape. I agree that he should be allowed his rehabilitation into society, which obviously includes working again, but he shouldn't have the privilege of being a footballer ever again.

To suggest that he can't possibly find a job in any other sector is ridiculous, he can find a job elsewhere. But he should never be allowed to kick a ball again IMO.

The job and life of a professional footballer (yes, even League One in England) is a privileged one. Ched Evans is a convicted rapist, no matter what your views on the circumstances are, he was convicted of rape. I agree that he should be allowed his rehabilitation into society, which obviously includes working again, but he shouldn't have the privilege of being a footballer ever again.

To suggest that he can't possibly find a job in any other sector is ridiculous, he can find a job elsewhere. But he should never be allowed to kick a ball again IMO.

So you're calling for an all out ban on convicted criminals in all of football? What level of football would you say is acceptable? Would it be acceptable for him to play for a conference North team where he is paid travel money too and from training as well as goal bonus? Or should be now be banned, out with any court ruling, from playing football at any level ever again?

Lots of things. Work in a jewellery shop for example. He could easily find employment in the retail or service sector.

So you want the life he has built to be destroyed. You want him to sell his house and car and take a job at £6.50 an hour. Not only that, you specifically want only him to be punished in this way and not any other criminals.

For someone I assume you've never met him you have a very high level of hatred for him. Would you only be happy if he were to die?

So you want the life he has built to be destroyed. You want him to sell his house and car and take a job at £6.50 an hour. Not only that, you specifically want only him to be punished in this way and not any other criminals.

For someone I assume you've never met him you have a very high level of hatred for him. Would you only be happy if he were to die?

I don't want a rapist out on license to be a part of the entertainment industry.

Oldham have an U10s upto senior level ladies team, I do wonder if they consulted them before offering him a contract

I don't want a rapist out on license to be a part of the entertainment industry.

Oldham have an U10s upto senior level ladies team, I do wonder if they consulted them before offering him a contract

He's not exactly going to shit on his own doorstep

Archived