Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know i haven't heard all the evidence but its a very hard thing to prove as we have seen many times in the past, i have read up what i can on the case and am pretty much on the fence as anyone would be. i don't doubt that Evans is more than likely a scumbag, or perhaps just acted like a scumbag on the night concerned but am not entirely convinced i would have found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt

I would like to see how people react if he gets found not guilty and if people will let him be, which of course they won't.

I agree, many morons will continue to hound him. But the main argument against him will be gone and his situation will then be completely different.

Oh I'm not suggesting it should be - I'm suggesting it is increasingly happening.

I like to look at things from a historical opinion and social media is an absolute game changer for our society. Watching the 24 hour news scrambling to keep up with Twitter (in Paris) is evidence of this.

As I said, it's fucked up in many ways but there's no chance of putting it back in its box.

You can't stop people using it, but anyone basing opinion on the content should have a highly set personal filter. Law makers and justice providers should stay well clear.

Yep, but he did it, and has been caught.

Yes he has, this will be like operation yewtree in years to come probably but i bet there are dozens of footballers sweating a knock at the door about now!

You can't stop people using it, but anyone basing opinion on the content should have a highly set personal filter. Law makers and justice providers should stay well clear.

I fully agree.

But social media is not all bad.

Everyone now has a voice, which is pretty staggering when looked at from a historical perspective.

How we filter out the arseholes is an important challenge for society. But every now and then a story catches the public's attention and that becomes significant, whether you agree or not. And importantly it's not necessarily the majority opinion that wins out - it's the content and presentation of the arguments.

So you are suggesting that the jury was wrong.

I've no idea whether Evans raped the girl or not. What I don't understand is on what evidence the jury found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Archived