Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

After reading the report I remain unconvinced by the conviction. The blood sample findings, the memory loss, etc, I'm just not fully convinced. It doesn't make sense how one was convicted and the other not, regardless of the different scenarios in which they met the woman and left the hotel. I don't think it's set in stone.

What I do think for sure is that the two are very stupid and cretinous for preying on a drunk girl when they were completely sober.

That said I think there's an absolute witch hunt over him. Hughes and McCormack didn't get as much abuse as Evans is, which I really don't understand because their crimes were extremely shameful as well.

Another thing that might plant a seed of doubt in your mind is the alleged deleted tweets that were allegedly found by an American hacker who allegedly went through a French server to unearth them.

The claim is that she said she was going to "win big", take her friends on holiday and buy matching Mini Coopers. Whether the tweets are legit and whether they refer to the case is up to the individual to make up their own mind.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing that might plant a seed of doubt in your mind is the alleged deleted tweets that were allegedly found by an American hacker who allegedly went through a French server to unearth them.

The claim is that she said she was going to "win big", take her friends on holiday and buy matching Mini Coopers. Whether the tweets are legit and whether they refer to the case is up to the individual to make up their own mind.

You seem a LOT less certain about these tweets than you were the last time you disgraced yourself on this subject....

Hmm. We'll probably never know for sure.

Did someone not say that the girlfriend's (that he cheated on during the incident) father is in his support? If so that also seems odd.

After reading the report I remain unconvinced by the conviction. The blood sample findings, the memory loss, etc, I'm just not fully convinced. It doesn't make sense how one was convicted and the other not, regardless of the different scenarios in which they met the woman and left the hotel. I don't think it's set in stone.

What I do think for sure is that the two are very stupid and cretinous for preying on a drunk girl when they were completely sober.

That said I think there's an absolute witch hunt over him. Hughes and McCormack didn't get as much abuse as Evans is, which I really don't understand because their crimes were extremely shameful as well.

Well unfortunately for Evans we live in a country that does trial by press, it used to be the papers who decided would get the witch hunt, now it's becoming more a combination of the press and social media, who kind of feed off each other in a frenzy. Noone deserves to go through that, regardless of their actions, but people who have done nothing have had this kind of thing happen to them. The complainant in this case had had to change her identity and had her life ruined by it as well so I don't have a huge amount of sympathy for Evans.

Still good to see you haven't creepily mentioned sexual injuries this time Dee Man..

Some progress at least.

I'd like you to answer this please?

In what way is it creepy?

As I've said before, this case has highlighted that there obviously different definitions of rape. Lack of sexual injuries prove that it wasn't a forced sexual assault against her will. The lack of sexual injuries was brought up in the court as you might expect in a rape case.

So, what is creepy about that?

HB what are you rattling on about with this chosen profession nonsense? Yes your chosen profession may be football but you obviously aren't good enough, Evans is, which is why he is trying to get back into it. What's the big deal with that? He'd need training to do any other job, if people aren't willing to give him a chance at what he's good at what's the chances of people being willing to give him a chance at something else where he will need trained up on what to do.

Answer for me, what else could (should) do for the rest of his life. Who will give him a chance? I'm struggling to think of a single job that he could do where there wouldn't be outcry from atleast someone. And when that one person starts greeting the bandwagon will jump on top of that and ultimately it'll be more hassle than it's worth for any willing employer.

The guy is totally and utterly fucked.

HB what are you rattling on about with this chosen profession nonsense? Yes your chosen profession may be football but you obviously aren't good enough, Evans is, which is why he is trying to get back into it. What's the big deal with that? He'd need training to do any other job, if people aren't willing to give him a chance at what he's good at what's the chances of people being willing to give him a chance at something else where he will need trained up on what to do.

Answer for me, what else could (should) do for the rest of his life. Who will give him a chance? I'm struggling to think of a single job that he could do where there wouldn't be outcry from atleast someone. And when that one person starts greeting the bandwagon will jump on top of that and ultimately it'll be more hassle than it's worth for any willing employer.

The Army. So he can go from "rapist who can never work again" to "one of our brave heroes."

A lot less certain in what way?

Your earlier contribution :-

Are you aware of her alleged deleted Facebook messages and tweets about offering to take her friends on holiday and buy matching Mini Coopers when she "won big"? Or the fact that she didn't have any sexual injuries on her?

It's just my theory and I might be miles out but I think she's just after the cash

So is she still "just after the cash" Dee Man?

Your earlier contribution :-

So is she still "just after the cash" Dee Man?

So what's a lot less certain?

"It's just my theory"

"I might be miles out"

How is my latest post any less certain and how is the other one creepy and when are you signing for Oldham?

The Army. So he can go from "rapist who can never work again" to "one of our brave heroes."

Can you imagine the headlines if he joined the army, served with distinction, developed PTSD and topped himself?

Vigilante war hero kills crazy footballer rapist?

As I've said before, this case has highlighted that there obviously different definitions of rape. Lack of sexual injuries prove that it wasn't a forced sexual assault against her will. The lack of sexual injuries was brought up in the court as you might expect in a rape case.

It's incredibly creepy and victim blaming.

A classic case of "didn't fight hard enough". Can't have been rape unless her vagina was shredded eh Dee Man?

So what's a lot less certain?

"It's just my theory"

"I might be miles out"

How is my latest post any less certain and how is the other one creepy and when are you signing for Oldham?

So these Facebook posts and Tweets? Where are they?

Is she still just "after the cash" and what evidence do you have to support this claim?

So these Facebook posts and Tweets? Where are they?

Is she still just "after the cash" and what evidence do you have to support this claim?

They are available on the internet of all places. I'm not putting a link up as it has her name and pics and I suspect Nizzy would boot my baws.

I'm glad someone's finally asked the 'what else could he do?' question that's been so far sadly missing in this debate. Why won't one of you manginas (copyright banana) actually answer it.

This sums up a massive part of the issue. A lot of people (and not just men I hasten to add) think that rape has to be violent.

Society is taking time to catch up. What evans (and there is a difference between his actions and the other guys) did is illegal. If he got away with it, or manages to on appeal, he's pretty lucky.

Holy shit you've just opened a 'are soldiers all heroes?' debate in the middle of this already saturated thread?

You truly are a badass jamamafegan.

I'm glad someone's finally asked the 'what else could he do?' question that's been so far sadly missing in this debate. Why won't one of you manginas (copyright banana) actually answer it.

It's been answered many times

He can be a footballer, just not a well-paid or famous one*.

He can start somewhere shit but then if he does well and attracts scouts from bigger clubs he'll only be allowed to play in wellies or with one eye closed.

*Famousness and what counts as being well paid is defined by the International Mangina Council, contact Pandrilla for details.

Archived