Agent Carter

Raidernation

Depends if they want to take it longer. I'd consider the setting up of SHIELD to be the end point for any Carter series, rather than just one short season.

dunno about that, the show is called "agent carter" so maybe this season shows SHIELD being created and then the story from now on is her being in SHIELD as its starting out

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it's going to end tying up with the "Agent Carter Marvel One-Shot" that was released a year or so ago!!!

THAT was the formation of Shield I'm sure???

Think it's going to end tying up with the "Agent Carter Marvel One-Shot" that was released a year or so ago!!!

THAT was the formation of Shield I'm sure???

think they already debunked that one shot being canon now as the one shot happened right after the war yet agent carter is set further after that

dunno about that, the show is called "agent carter" so maybe this season shows SHIELD being created and then the story from now on is her being in SHIELD as its starting out

Yeah I get that, but chucking straight into SHIELD after one season would be daft IMO.

Especially given Howard's role in SHIELD and his status in the show at the moment.

hmmmm, just watched the finale there and i dont really know how to feel

im guessing it hasnt been renewed for a second season yet, so they have both wrapped it up but also left a potential avenue for a new season should it be given the go ahead, one thing i hate about prequels is that you know how they end, stark was never gonna die, same for carter and if im right even dottie was to stay alive

hopefully it gets a 2nd season

Fair enjoyed that short season and disappointed it has ended.

Hopefully it does get picked up for a 2nd series
Wonder how tied to AOS it is and will a poor performance in the opening episodes of AOS spoil any chance of AC return.

See at the moment they are trying to get it picked up by a UK broadcaster

• 1 month later...

There won't be a second season. This was an experimental format (which worked wonderfully) but it was deliberately set in a tiny niche of the Marvel universe that hadn't already been fully mapped out. Unless they're going to start ripping canon apart (which, fair play to them, is possible I suppose) then Carter's story pretty much ends here.

Still, it was brilliant, and shows just what Marvel are capable of these days. An obscure sidekick character given an excellent action series with a very effective social commentary aspect.

There won't be a second season. This was an experimental format (which worked wonderfully) but it was deliberately set in a tiny niche of the Marvel universe that hadn't already been fully mapped out. Unless they're going to start ripping canon apart (which, fair play to them, is possible I suppose) then Carter's story pretty much ends here.

Still, it was brilliant, and shows just what Marvel are capable of these days. An obscure sidekick character given an excellent action series with a very effective social commentary aspect.

I really enjoyed it, thought they might have renewed it for another season with it doing so well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

season 2 starts january 5th, looking forward to another 10 episodes of the astoundingly quality hayley atwell

Think I read the 19th of January? The first season was great and was delighted when I heard it had been renewed for a 2nd season. It'll be interesting to see where they can take it.

Come to think of it, the Marvel Tv shows are running the movies close for me in terms of liking them better.

I'm a big fan of Agents of shield, which has just improved all the time since a ropey start. Daredevil and Jessic Jones were also brilliant.

Theses shows are easily as good as the big blockbuster movies.

Archived