Alloa Vs Rangers

How we never got a draw out that il never know.

To suggest McDowell was our best player and no one else performed is simply absurd!

Seen every team twice now and Rangers 3 times as well as most the games they've been on the tv, and from what iv seen they aren't any better than Falkirk or Queens.

So why they so far ahead in second then? Much as I'd like to see them humped, it unfortunately appears that they will at least finish second :(

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Rangers are shite.

Yes Hearts are better than us.

But we were still good enough to piss all over your club.

:rolleyes:

Hardly pissed all over Saints. 1-0?? And what has it got you?? Oh yeah, a date with sellick and an utter roasting. Well worth us losing that game. Were you there today? or have I been to more Sevco games this season than you???

So why they so far ahead in second then? Much as I'd like to see them humped, it unfortunately appears that they will at least finish second :(

Like I said I'm only judging it on the games I've seen so far. Rangers have been dreadful every time they've played us.

Because hibs were rubbish at the start of the season.

Oh the old I go to more games than you shite..you don't.

Yes we pissed all over you, you were shite...you are shite.

Yes we may or may not get a roasting and as much as I hate the fixture it will give us a shed load of cash.

:lol::lol::lol::shutup

I didn't make the game in the end due to the weather in the wind battered north, unfortunately missing out on a few pints with Calum G and it seems another excellent Alloa performance. Shame we couldn't sneak a point but the crucial thing this time is to ensure we take the positive aspects of the performance into the next two games, games we can reasonably expect to win and games we really need to win. We simply cannot allow our level of performance to drop off again.

There was a debate earlier in the thread over winning the Challenge Cup or staying up. I'd look at it in a different way, if you offered me a win over Rangers this season in the league or that cup game, I'd take the cup every time. The manner of it with the injury ravaged squad, the 2-0 deficit and the comeback made it a night never to be forgotten. And live on tv. A league win would be great but I don't see that night being topped. As for the main question, thankfully we don't have to make a choice, we have the chance and are capable of winning the cup and staying up. 17 cup finals to come :)

Hardly pissed all over Saints. 1-0?? And what has it got you?? Oh yeah, a date with sellick and an utter roasting. Well worth us losing that game. Were you there today? or have I been to more Sevco games this season than you???

Your profile says you're a St Johnstone fan, why were you at today's game? And if you were there why so bitter as a neutral?

Wasn't a good game but we won fair & square, what's your problem?

Your profile says you're a St Johnstone fan, why were you at today's game? And if you were there why so bitter as a neutral?

Jesus Rob.

Stop having a go at people for disliking your club. It's entirely just, right and proper that they do.

I thought we were excellent in what was an entertaining game. A draw would have been a fairer result IMO.

For the third game in a row the otherwise excellent Buchanan has missed a very good chance to open the scoring - the sort of chance he was putting away for fun earlier in the season. A dip in those high standards was always going to happen and the real issue for us continues to be that no one else has stepped up to the plate. Cawley looks as though he might be coming into goal scoring form, but has missed one or two very good chances.

After the goal, which Miller and Daly did well for, Rangers had a couple of good chances to extend the lead. Overall though I thought the first half was reasonably even. There's no doubt we shaded the second half in general play, with the excellent Holmes (who managed to pretty much mark the dangerous Lee Wallace out of the game on top of the rest of his contribution), McCord and Simmons running midfield. There's also no doubt we lacked class in the final third.

The lack of confidence in this Rangers side is palpable. Not surprisingly.

St.Johnstone never had a game due to the other cheek of the manky arse taking a holiday. I am a football fan . I like football. I wanted to go to a match. Alloa is quite close to Perth. I was not neutral, I was supporting Alloa FC both in terms of giving them money and hoping that yet again the took something off your manky mob. I was interested to see if Sevco were as shit as they look on TV . They were worse. It was embarrassing ( and somewhat amusing at the same time)

I hope this clears up any confusion Rob. ;)

I felt that he over did a bit, just too much (grrrr) in his posts. It was like Stuart Cosgrove with a sugar rush and getting far too excited....

GERS last night laid into Alloa’s plastic pitch and accused them of putting extra pellets on it.

The Ibrox side emerged with a 1-0 win to remain 13 points behind Hearts in the Championship table. But it was another difficult afternoon for Gers who secured the victory thanks to Nicky Law’s first-half strike.

Kenny McDowall slated the state of the artificial surface – and insisted that more black pellets had been added since their last trip there.

McDowall said: “I don’t know if they got a new order of pellets for Christmas here but our boys were saying that there seemed to be more on it than last time.

“You could see pellets come up when the players were shooting.

“Some of them couldn’t even get it airborne. I’m not keen on the pitch at all.”

Midfielder Law also savaged the surface and said it’s the worst he has ever played on.

The Englishman said: “This one is definitely the worst. It’s a difficult pitch and I think they chucked an extra load of pellets on it for us.

“I’ll be picking out black balls from all areas of my body when I’m in bed tonight!

“Thankfully we don’t have to come back here again this season.”

No need for this, we played shite - we've played shite for most of the season and that isn't down to Alloas pitch. Maybe if we upped our training/fitness and actually worked out how to pass that round thing a bit....

Also what are these pellets used for?

Jesus Rob.Stop having a go at people for disliking your club. It's entirely just, right and proper that they do.

Jesus MT, not like you to be lurking on a Rangers thread eh?? just let me know when you want to talk about the Brontes, might take your mind off us?:D

Jesus MT, not like you to be lurking on a Rangers thread eh?? just let me know when you want to talk about the Brontes, might take your mind off us?:D

It's just that every other post of yours is along similar lines - 'What's it to you? Why do you care etc?'

It's tedious in the extreme.

Relax. Let your mind wander to Haworth.

I am sure someone told me that this is his m8 or something, would make sense.

The failed football hooligan has mentioned auld Ghostie a few times on Off The Ball.

Tbh i like Auld Ghostie. He hates Rangers with a passion and nothing wrong with a bit of passion. I can only imagine how much Rangers humping St Jonhstone hurt him.....seems to be still hurting.

Isn't it strange that the pitch only seems to effect the passing ability of the highly paid full-time players?

Maybe they can nip along for a couple of hours every Tuesday and Thursday night and get some tips from the part-timers.

It's just that every other post of yours is along similar lines - 'What's it to you? Why do you care etc?'

It's tedious in the extreme.

Relax. Let your mind wander to Haworth.

You see that's where you're wrong Monkey, although the small town of Haworth is indeed synonymous with the sisters, they were actually all born in the village of Thornton, some 7 miles away. There is an on going fundraising effort to restore the old bell Chapel there, where Patrick Bronte was a preacher after leaving Rathfriland, Co Down. All donations gratefully received.

GERS last night laid into Alloa’s plastic pitch and accused them of putting extra pellets on it.

The Ibrox side emerged with a 1-0 win to remain 13 points behind Hearts in the Championship table. But it was another difficult afternoon for Gers who secured the victory thanks to Nicky Law’s first-half strike.

Kenny McDowall slated the state of the artificial surface – and insisted that more black pellets had been added since their last trip there.

McDowall said: “I don’t know if they got a new order of pellets for Christmas here but our boys were saying that there seemed to be more on it than last time.

“You could see pellets come up when the players were shooting.

“Some of them couldn’t even get it airborne. I’m not keen on the pitch at all.”

Midfielder Law also savaged the surface and said it’s the worst he has ever played on.

The Englishman said: “This one is definitely the worst. It’s a difficult pitch and I think they chucked an extra load of pellets on it for us.

“I’ll be picking out black balls from all areas of my body when I’m in bed tonight!

“Thankfully we don’t have to come back here again this season.”

No need for this, we played shite - we've played shite for most of the season and that isn't down to Alloas pitch. Maybe if we upped our training/fitness and actually worked out how to pass that round thing a bit....

Also what are these pellets used for?

It's infill, helps prevent the grass from flattening and also replicates the ball physics and attributes on a grass pitch. It's also supposed to help cushion players joints and reduce the slippiness of the pitch. 3G pitches need regularly topped up with this stuff.

Archived