League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

Reports tonight that Easthouses Lily MW application to join the SJFA will be rubber stamped at the AGM. If true, they would join the South Division.

Given that they are potentially Champions of the LL feeder league, where does that leave things if the EoS becomes weaker?

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian king told me on Twitter that cumbernauld Colts and fife amateur were favourite for lowland

In his opinion. He has no more of a vote or say than you and I. Although it does sound the sort of way the sfa and lowland league are looking to go.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest on licencing, from the Civil Service Strollers website:

'Work on our enclosure is now completed along with the perimeter fence.

After a meeting with the SFA on Tuesday 28th April Strollers will be looking to attain their entry license at the May meeting of the license board.

The meeting will take place at Hampden Park on the 13th May.'

So looks like they will be one of the clubs under consideration for an expanded (?) LL next season...

http://www.csstrollers.co.uk/content.php?pg=news&pd=1002

Can someone explain to me why we have set up this pyramid system (albeit fledgling with imperfections BUT rather than use it to fill the LL we still ask for applications directly to that league rather tha bringing them in at the bottom of the pyramid and strengthening that pyramid lower down? It baffles me.

Jim

Can someone explain to me why we have set up this pyramid system (albeit fledgling with imperfections

BUT

rather than use it to fill the LL we still ask for applications directly to that league rather tha bringing them in at the bottom of the pyramid and strengthening that pyramid lower down?

It baffles me.

Conditions around forming LL and linking LL & HL to SPFL2 were that clubs should be licensed by 2015, and LL should ultimately be 16 clubs.

Champions of EOS & SOS leagues have a promotion route into LL, but this season neither will be licensed.

Thanks but it still seems a little 'backward' of an approach.

The SFA have set up a minimum entry level. there as to be standards, don't you agree? I'm sure HJ as posted it on here somewhere (or a quick google of the SFA site should show you the club licensing for LL/HL, So if teams don't meet the level they don't get in, It's taken a long long time to get the pyramid up here, yes it's not perfect but it is a pyramid, I'm sure it will be improved further down the line. I would like to see the champions of the HL & LL get automatic promotion & possibly the 2nd place from each league go in to a play-off with the 3rd bottom team of the Spfl2.

Grimbo

Drawing Rothesay in the Cup would be glorious. Put them regardless of whether they've applied or not along with any other Island based teams.

I'm all for this . Great idea

The LL clubs that have yet to be licensed are BSC Glasgow, Vale of Leithen, Edinburgh Uni and Stirling Uni.

The five applicants may or may not be Cumbernauld Colts, Edusport Academy, AMsoccer, Civil Servive Strollers and St Cuthberts Wanderers with biggest question mark being the last one.

Archived