League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

Even at that, this was one meeting. When did it actually take place?

Monday 3rd June 2013 with a 6:15 start.

The remaining information was discussed at the meeting. Ask your club secretary, he had the invite.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monday 3rd June 2013 with a 6:15 start.

The remaining information was discussed at the meeting. Ask your club secretary, he had the invite.

There was no invite, but as pointed out, if this was the sum of the SFA's efforts to attract the Juniors then no wonder we ended up with where we are.

3rd June, so approximately two months before the LL started, and only a week or two before applications closed. Well played, well played indeed...........

How would you have liked to see it advertised? Is telling every single club secretary not enough?

That isn't the issue.

The issue is the complete lack of engagement and the undue haste in which the LL was brought in, which even some LL followers on this thread admit to.

One open meeting, poorly advertised, and that was deemed enough to persuade Junior clubs to ditch the SJFA and join the Pyramid.

I'm guessing most LL people can see the basic issue here but have become a little belligerent and defensive, so I'll leave it there.

The clock cannot be turned back, we cannot re-write history, I just hope one day everyone - SFA, SPFL, SJFA etc - see sense and we can sort this mess out.

That isn't the issue.

The issue is the complete lack of engagement and the undue haste in which the LL was brought in, which even some LL followers on this thread admit to.

One open meeting, poorly advertised, and that was deemed enough to persuade Junior clubs to ditch the SJFA and join the Pyramid.

I'm guessing most LL people can see the basic issue here but have become a little belligerent and defensive, so I'll leave it there.

The clock cannot be turned back, we cannot re-write history, I just hope one day everyone - SFA, SPFL, SJFA etc - see sense and we can sort this mess out.

You can't go criticising something and then not provide the alternative. if the meeting was not correctly advertised then at least give a suggestion what you would of liked, national tv adverts?

I've no doubt more could have been done, but the lack of engagement was certainly 2 way, with the juniors comfortably worse offenders than the sfa. The attitude of sjfa officials was and continues to be disgraceful.

I doubt a seasons delay would have changed much, we keep hearing of a very short time frame but really the lowland league had been on the cards for a decent amount of time, pyramid groups were formed several years ago, and discussions to form the league were a year to 18 months previous, not exactly formed overnight. A year was highly unlikely to make the sjfa stop lying to its members and deliberately try and discourage teams entering the pyramid.

You can't go criticising something and then not provide the alternative. if the meeting was not correctly advertised then at least give a suggestion what you would of liked, national tv adverts?

I've no doubt more could have been done, but the lack of engagement was certainly 2 way, with the juniors comfortably worse offenders than the sfa. The attitude of sjfa officials was and continues to be disgraceful.

I doubt a seasons delay would have changed much, we keep hearing of a very short time frame but really the lowland league had been on the cards for a decent amount of time, pyramid groups were formed several years ago, and discussions to form the league were a year to 18 months previous, not exactly formed overnight. A year was highly unlikely to make the sjfa stop lying to its members and deliberately try and discourage teams entering the pyramid.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that giving a years notice of the formation of the LL, along with concrete plans of how the whole thing would work inc licensing, and then engaging directly with clubs over that period of time via meetings/workshops, Q&A's, club visits etc would perhaps have attracted at least one or two Junior clubs.

The SJFA acted disgracefully, the SFA were equally if not more culpable as the games governing body of letting others drive the agenda.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that giving a years notice of the formation of the LL, along with concrete plans of how the whole thing would work inc licensing, and then engaging directly with clubs over that period of time via meetings/workshops, Q&A's, club visits etc would perhaps have attracted at least one or two Junior clubs.

The SJFA acted disgracefully, the SFA were equally if not more culpable as the games governing body of letting others drive the agenda.

Can you advise if the SJFA ever clarified their policy on promotion / relegation in the event of a junior club ever applying for the LL ??

They have had 2 years now to formulate one !!

Can you advise if the SJFA ever clarified their policy on promotion / relegation in the event of a junior club ever applying for the LL ??

Not to the best of my knowledge, I doubt it's in the SJFA's interest to clarify and help members. Uncertainty is their friend.

For Christ's sake VodkaTap, you'll be expecting fixture lists available from earlier than a week in advance next!

For Christ's sake VodkaTap, you'll be expecting fixture lists available from earlier than a week in advance next!

See that's what I don't understand, how can they produce the best programmes when they've had only a couple of days notice?

Mind you I think Cic's bollocksed the 08's chance of ever finishing in the top 20 programme of the year award, at least I've not upset Burnie (yet).

Grimbo

Not to the best of my knowledge, I doubt it's in the SJFA's interest to clarify and help members. Uncertainty is their friend.

That's what i suspected.

Do I take it that no club wants to stick their neck out and incur their wrath by pushing for the high heid yin's to make a decision ??

See that's what I don't understand, how can they produce the best programmes when they've had only a couple of days notice?

Mind you I think Cic's bollocksed the 08's chance of ever finishing in the top 20 programme of the year award, at least I've not upset Burnie (yet).

Grimbo

I manage to separate business from pleasure Grimbo ;)

That's what i suspected.

Do I take it that no club wants to stick their neck out and incur their wrath by pushing for the high heid yin's to make a decision ??

Even I cannot explain Junior fitba politics, but aye, you're probably not far from the truth.

From Edusport Academy's website, dated yesterday:

Following a recent SFA Board meeting, our application for an SFA Club License has been recognised and as a result, the Edusport Academy are actively working towards attaining an ‘Entry Level’ Club License.

http://www.edusportacademy.com/en/news/2015/04/sfa.html

If they have a groundshare agreed and lots of coaches with the appropriate badges in place as they appear to do what would be the time-consuming angle? Regan got this lot into the SoS League, so odds in it was in anticipation of a move to the LL down the road.

The Junior reps on the pyramid group should have been giving updates. They were supposed to. Updates were given at EOS and SOS meetings. I believe it was a regular agenda point. It wasn't mentioned at any Junior meeting I was at.

If they have a groundshare agreed and lots of coaches with the appropriate badges in place as they appear to do what would be the time-consuming angle? Regan got this lot into the SoS League, so odds in it was in anticipation of a move to the LL down the road.

Yep. Being the sort of organisation that they are, you'd expect Edusport to have the youth and first team criteria covered already and the admin side presumably wouldn't be that difficult to get up to scratch, if it isn't already. So the ground-share could've been the major hurdle for them? Could be viable for next season, particularly if nepotism has its usual say in matters.

EDIT:

Think I read on Civil Service's website that the next meeting of the SFA's licencing board is in May.

Archived