League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe its the angle of the pic, but is that cover for 100?

Looks a bit petite! Segregation could be a bit of an issue on a rainy day...

Was told offline that they were not. We'll see what happens though.

Was more wondering about Cumbernauld Colts - they're the only ones that I haven't seen anything written about/quotes from in relation to a licencing application?

Maybe its the angle of the pic, but is that cover for 100?

Won't be far away even if it's not they could prob put a wee bit cover doon one side similar to Dunbar. ;)

As far as I know it's a 3 sided ground.

Don't think segregation is an issue regarding licensing ?

Fair play to them for showing a bit of ambition.

The latest on licencing, from the Civil Service Strollers website:

'Work on our enclosure is now completed along with the perimeter fence.

After a meeting with the SFA on Tuesday 28th April Strollers will be looking to attain their entry license at the May meeting of the license board.

The meeting will take place at Hampden Park on the 13th May.'

So looks like they will be one of the clubs under consideration for an expanded (?) LL next season...

http://www.csstrollers.co.uk/content.php?pg=news&pd=1002

Was at their game today, done a lot of work, fenced in the ground, metal barrier around the pitch, brick dugouts, concrete [flat] hard standing and.............two old converted bike sheds for an enclosure, complete with some bike locks still in place!

510fcde2-c2f0-4f32-8500-a9bfdfba9172_zps

2947a3e7-b3ba-4d1c-8716-55651282f239_zps

Won't be far away even if it's not they could prob put a wee bit cover doon one side similar to Dunbar. ;)

As far as I know it's a 3 sided ground.

Don't think segregation is an issue regarding licensing ?

Fair play to them for showing a bit of ambition.

Doubt it mate, just my weird sense of humour - please ignore!

Was at their game today, done a lot of work, fenced in the ground, metal barrier around the pitch, brick dugouts, concrete [flat] hard standing and.............two old converted bike sheds for an enclosure, complete with some bike locks still in place!

:lol: Nice touch with the bike locks! Yeah, well done to them both for progressing things off the pitch.

510fcde2-c2f0-4f32-8500-a9bfdfba9172_zps

2947a3e7-b3ba-4d1c-8716-55651282f239_zps

The least they could do is fucking stand under it!

The SFA have set up a minimum entry level. there as to be standards, don't you agree? I'm sure HJ as posted it on here somewhere (or a quick google of the SFA site should show you the club licensing for LL/HL, So if teams don't meet the level they don't get in, It's taken a long long time to get the pyramid up here, yes it's not perfect but it is a pyramid, I'm sure it will be improved further down the line. I would like to see the champions of the HL & LL get automatic promotion & possibly the 2nd place from each league go in to a play-off with the 3rd bottom team of the Spfl2.

Grimbo

OP states: "The final decision regarding successful applicant clubs will be announced during May 2015 as soon as the effect of promotion / relegation and club licensing decisions are known."

Obviously the playoffs are irrelevant now in terms of the Lowland League. Any idea when the club licensing decisions are made?

OP states: "The final decision regarding successful applicant clubs will be announced during May 2015 as soon as the effect of promotion / relegation and club licensing decisions are known."

Obviously the playoffs are irrelevant now in terms of the Lowland League. Any idea when the club licensing decisions are made?

The licensing board meets on the 13th May

Conditions around forming LL and linking LL & HL to SPFL2 were that clubs should be licensed by 2015, and LL should ultimately be 16 clubs.

Champions of EOS & SOS leagues have a promotion route into LL, but this season neither will be licensed.

Does that mean that neither 'champions' will go up and so there will be no play off and Threave Rovers will not be relegated?

It seems so. Certainly none of the EOS League contenders - Lothian Thistle, Easthouses Lily and Leith Athletic - are about to get licensed, and neither are Wigtown according to people on the SOS League sub-forum. Also the SOS League has now finished - and the EOS League has been extended to May 16th from 9th, plus Leith and potentially Lothian Thistle have a cup final the following Sunday - and no playoffs are shown in either scheduled. So, I would suggest we can conclude that as expected no champion is going to be licensed... no playoff... Threave are safe.

So that coupled with Edinburgh City not being promoted leaves 2 vacancies for applicants? Or increase by 1 for any 1 club demoted due to no licence.

The SFA have set up a minimum entry level. there as to be standards, don't you agree? I'm sure HJ as posted it on here somewhere (or a quick google of the SFA site should show you the club licensing for LL/HL, So if teams don't meet the level they don't get in, It's taken a long long time to get the pyramid up here, yes it's not perfect but it is a pyramid, I'm sure it will be improved further down the line. I would like to see the champions of the HL & LL get automatic promotion & possibly the 2nd place from each league go in to a play-off with the 3rd bottom team of the Spfl2.

Grimbo

The problem with this is if two teams come up from HL and LL then the team that's say 3rd in L2 wins the play off and one of either HL or LL win the playoff then that's 5 teams changing in a league of 10. This means half the league could change every year. It might provide a variety of teams but doesn't sound very stable to change half a league every year.

The problem with this is if two teams come up from HL and LL then the team that's say 3rd in L2 wins the play off and one of either HL or LL win the playoff then that's 5 teams changing in a league of 10. This means half the league could change every year. It might provide a variety of teams but doesn't sound very stable to change half a league every year.

I see your point. I hadn't thought about the promotions to L1. This exposes the issue around having such a small League eh. Mind that now brings in another argument over league sizes. Crikey.

Grimbo

I see your point. I hadn't thought about the promotions to L1. This exposes the issue around having such a small League eh. Mind that now brings in another argument over league sizes. Crikey.

Grimbo

Ive got a picture on my tablet that sums up the SPFL i'll post it when I'm home.

Leagues 1 and 2 should be condensed into a single division of 20 or 18 (with 12 in the championship). This would allow the expanded playoff format suggested and save us the mind-numbing dullness of playing teams 4x a season.

Archived